Print Page | Close Window

crooked navel

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: Body Mods
Forum Name: Piercings
Forum Discription: Stories, studio suggestions, questions, etc.
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13450
Printed Date: June/01/2020 at 10:53am

Topic: crooked navel
Posted By: alex80
Subject: crooked navel
Date Posted: January/25/2009 at 10:22pm
so i posted in the professional response forum and decided that some responses from here might be helpful too, sorry if thats out of forum regulations, but opinions from non-pro's might help as well

hey,
so im 19, 5'8 and 150 so im fairly slim, and a guy. and anyway i got my navel pierced two days ago and the bottom hole lookes crooked to me. it took the piercer(who has a good reputatio) quite a while to get the piercing marked and he finally ended up getting the top hole marked in a spot that i was happy with, and he said he would mark the bottom hole when i was laying down. but after he got the jewelry in it looked a little crooked.  he told me to look at it for a couple days and if i didnt like it he would re-pierce it for me for free. and he knocked 20 bucks off the price.

so, im wondering will it be worth it to get it re-done? will there be any isssues with scar tissue? or should i just deal with it and try not to notice. any advice would be appreciated.

here is what it looks like now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24595091@N03/3226854305/in/photostream/

its really not *that* bad from the front but it just kind of bugs me

thanks in advance for any advice
edit_post_form%7EPID%7E216551%7EPN%7E1.htm -

Replies:
Posted By: bodilycharm
Date Posted: January/25/2009 at 10:34pm
It does look a little crooked. If you don't like it, take it out now and then take your piercer up on the offer to redo it for free. Marking the bottom when you lay down is usually always a bad idea, I have found. Every mod stencil, whether it's for piercing or tattooing should be done when the client is in a natural standing position. If you take it out now and pierce it again in a few weeks, you shouldn't have any scarring issues. Good luck!

-------------
Texas Betty
Bodily Charm Tattoo, Utica, NY

Posted By: JuL_crimson
Date Posted: January/25/2009 at 10:39pm
I'd get it redone personally

Posted By: gsfkrystina
Date Posted: January/25/2009 at 10:59pm
i would also get that re-done. the crookedness would bother me as well

Posted By: harley.g
Date Posted: January/25/2009 at 11:21pm
yea man that needs a redo. how crooked that is, should be redone for free, then ask to be paid for pain and suffering lol.

-------------

Posted By: gsfkrystina
Date Posted: January/25/2009 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by harley.g

then ask to be paid for pain and suffering lol.

LOL

Posted By: felonious drunk
Date Posted: January/25/2009 at 11:30pm
that sucks,

I've had my belly button pierced twice.
Crooked both times.

I swear that us guys were just not meant to have it done!

Posted By: BlueTroll
Date Posted: January/25/2009 at 11:45pm
It's off centre and very crooked..
I'd advise you to go to someone else.. if they can't  get a navel piercing right, what the hell are they doing?

Posted By: AirinJay
Date Posted: January/26/2009 at 2:46am
That's how mine looks, I've had it for a while and it's finally started to bother me to the point where I'm getting it re-done.

-------------

Posted By: Carrie_p2005
Date Posted: January/26/2009 at 12:23pm
I too would have it redone.  And next time around, I would insist on having both entry and exit marked while you are standing.  

Posted By: yerevan
Date Posted: January/26/2009 at 1:48pm
it looks crooked, but i kind of like it like that, it's different!
if its bothering you though, i'd get it redone, being as he's said he'd do it free.

-------------
They say goldfish have no memory- I guess their lives are just like mine.
And the little plastic castle is a surprise every time...

Posted By: JamesApocalypse
Date Posted: January/26/2009 at 3:51pm
it's important to remember every piercer makes mistakes and piercings don't always go according to plan.  i would get them to re-pierce it and make sure they mark both holes while you are standing up.  Also, when they re-pierce it i would ask for a shop t-shirt or hat or something, for pain and suffering :)

Posted By: alex80
Date Posted: January/26/2009 at 3:58pm
hey! so thanks to everyone who replied so quickly! i decided that i wasn't going to be happy with it so i went and talked to the guy and he gladly removed the jewelry and cleaned the area for me, and he kept the jewelry so he could sterilize it for when i come back to get it redone.

when should i go back to get it re-done? he said it should be fine in a week, but that seems a little early...

btw im really impressed at the responses i got, im brand new to the forums and really like what ive seen so far.

thanks again! and i'll be sure to post the finished piercing.

Posted By: Carrie_p2005
Date Posted: January/27/2009 at 9:28pm
It all depends on how quickly you heal.  A week will probably be ok, your hole should close up quickly without the jewelry holding it open.  But if it is still tender, red, or irritated, or just doesn't seem healed yet, wait a little longer.  

Posted By: prince_albert75
Date Posted: January/31/2009 at 9:27am

You know your body better then anyone else.  I can generally tell when  things are healed on myself.  Good luck with it this go around.

Print Page | Close Window