Print Page | Close Window

questions about nipple piercings

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: Idea Banks
Forum Name: Piercing Ideas
Forum Discription: Have an idea for a cool piercing? Post it here!
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15020
Printed Date: September/30/2020 at 6:36pm

Topic: questions about nipple piercings
Posted By: Eui1337
Subject: questions about nipple piercings
Date Posted: May/03/2009 at 10:21pm
so i'm thinking about just getting over myself and getting my nipples pierced. but i have some questions mostly just regarding healing and my body

questions are!

1: since i am rather large chested i have to wear slightly padded bras to avoid severe back pain. will this cause any disruptions with healing?

...actually that's the only question i have for right now. but any advice/help is appreciated!

-------------
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh

Replies:
Posted By: harley.g
Date Posted: May/03/2009 at 10:58pm
Im no pro, but you might want to start off with barbells to heal with. it might also depend of umm im ganna try to say this as plight as possible. It might also depend on how "full" your bra is.

so start off with barbells.
and  make sure your bra is very comfortable.

Posted By: Yika
Date Posted: May/03/2009 at 10:59pm
well hun that sounds like my chest and really its fine i still have some healing to go but thats for other reasons(baby). but you should be fine. just do the usual sss and they will heal. nipples can sometimes take a long time to heal but i would say about 6mouths to a year. that may sound like a long time but it really isnt. just dont play with them for at least 2-4 mouths and you it will be all good.

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~110973.aspx">

Posted By: freckledimple
Date Posted: May/03/2009 at 11:35pm

A bra was bliss while my nipples were healing.  It keeps your sensitive nipples from getting too much friction.

-------------

Posted By: childofthewild
Date Posted: May/04/2009 at 12:09am
Bras actually really help for women and helping nipple piercings heal because they really keep them in place and prevent them from moving. Straight barbells are the best jewelry to have in there because from what I've heard with other nipple piercing stories is that with CBR's or other circular jewelry it had caused migration and you really want to prevent that from happening. Be very gentle with them and do not rotate the jewelry or pick of the crusties around the barbells, a shower or sea salt soaks will take them off without irritating the piercing. On average it takes 6 months to heal but depending on how well you keep them clean and your body's reaction to them it could take longer. Just make sure you're comfortable overall with who is piercing you and the environment you're in because if they mess up then healing will be harder or you will be dissatisfied with it overall. I personally think every piercing I get through thoroughly before getting anything and especially with nipple piercings I feel you should do the same.  

::edit:: make sure you are always wearing a clean bra :) that is all

-------------
clubbed drugged and left on a bench

Date Posted: May/04/2009 at 12:14am
oh yeah i'm still thinking of i really want to get this done.

and it seems like i have to readjust myself every other second so i'm worried that will mess up healing and stuff.

-------------
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh

Posted By: FeetyPajamas
Date Posted: May/04/2009 at 12:24am
I survived it, you can too!!  I wish I'd held out for the bars though. :(

And yeah, my bra has been my best friend.  I slept in a sports bra for a while too.  You know all about the SSS etc. :P  

-------------

"Just lil ol' me. one lonely nipple"

Date Posted: May/04/2009 at 12:35am

if you have to re-adjust yourself all the time then you're probably not wearing a very good bra. victorias secret really does make good quality bras and i dont wear anything from anywhere else. they have good comfort and protection. Unless your bra just doesnt have the straps adjusted correctly or you're not wearing the right size (i'm not saying thats the case, i'm sure you know how to buy bras) just look into getting a really nice bra or two that you can alternate between washes for the healing time.

-------------

Date Posted: May/04/2009 at 2:15am
oh i wouldn't doubt i'm wearing the wrong fitting bra. it seems every time i find one that fits for a moment, next time i put it on there's something wrong with it...

-------------

Posted By: katykoz
Date Posted: May/04/2009 at 2:31am
yup, sounds like you should go get fitted - once you get a correctly fitting bra you will be SO happy - it'll help w/ your back too.

And I'm big chested and just got mine pierced a few weeks ago - like pp's said, wearing a bra actually helps. I wear the tshirt bras and the padding doesn't bother them at all.

OT: good place to look at different brands and info on how to fit yourself if you don't want someone helping u w/ the boobages. http://www.barenecessities.com/feature.aspx?pagename=fit

-------------

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other. ~Eric Hoffer

The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful. ~e.e. cummings

Date Posted: May/04/2009 at 2:57am
fffffffffff...i just found out from that that i'm STILL wearing too small of a bra (i'm already at a mothercocking 36 DD)

-------------

Posted By: standingtyping
Date Posted: May/04/2009 at 3:02am
idc if the bra fits well or not, I've had them custom made before and they always bug the hell out of me. bras ain't natural I tell ya! FREE THE BEASTS! That being said, the Brallelujah isn't tooo uncomfy...

-------------
"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."

Posted By: tmzee
Date Posted: June/18/2009 at 10:04pm
i wore slightly padded bras and mine healed fine =]

although i suggest not wearing a bra whenever possible (like if youre watching tv or something that requires no movement) i found that it really helped to let the piercings breathe every so often.

-------------
My signature sucks =(

Posted By: freckled20
Date Posted: June/18/2009 at 10:26pm
Sports bras at night are heaven. Hell, even to just wear around the house.

I wore a normal bra with mine but mine were pierced with BCRs and I took them out maybe 2 weeks later because it hurts when the BCR is pushed down by the bra. Definitely get barbells and get a proper fitting bra that holds your twins in good because you do NOT want a nip popping out and getting caught on the bra *shivers* it hurts.

-------------
Don't judge me monkey...

Posted By: mbs08
Date Posted: July/05/2009 at 7:08am
i too want my nipples pierced..

i think that a  padded bra is going to help to benefit your piercings in the long run.

not allowing them to be moved and messed with and on top of that having extra padding.

Posted By: Carrie_p2005
Date Posted: July/05/2009 at 12:23pm
Every person is different, but most women above a B tell me wearing a bra was much more comfortable than not wearing one.  The ones who said wearing a bra was uncomfortable were pierced with rings, so I would strongly recommend going with barbells. 

Edited to change the word about to above Dunce

Posted By: merrry
Date Posted: July/05/2009 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Carrie_p2005

Every person is different, but most women about a B tell me wearing a bra was much more comfortable than not wearing one.  The ones who said wearing a bra was uncomfortable were pierced with rings, so I would strongly recommend going with barbells.  

Amen! Besides barbells are easier to hide if you wantBig%20Grin

-------------
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!

Posted By: LucieMay
Date Posted: July/05/2009 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by standingtyping

idc if the bra fits well or not, I've had them custom made before and they always bug the hell out of me. bras ain't natural I tell ya! FREE THE BEASTS! That being said, the Brallelujah isn't tooo uncomfy...

I actually hate NOT wearing a bra! I hate the way they feel without one (I'm fairly large at 36D, but not very large). I even wear a bra at night (a soft unwired one).

I'm getting my nipple pierced in a few weeks. Looking fwd to it as it'll be my first ever non visible piercing/implant so I expect it to feel a little bit naughty and special for that reason.

-------------
Caustic blonde.

Date Posted: July/05/2009 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by LucieMay

I actually hate NOT wearing a bra! I hate the way they feel without one (I'm fairly large at 36D, but not very large). I even wear a bra at night (a soft unwired one).

I'm getting my nipple pierced in a few weeks. Looking fwd to it as it'll be my first ever non visible piercing/implant so I expect it to feel a little bit naughty and special for that reason.

I wear the same size bra as you do and I'm the same way. I hate having them out. My nipple piercings definitely like being nice and comfortable snug inside my bra.

-------------

Posted By: Terri-Sian
Date Posted: July/05/2009 at 6:44pm
i had both nipples pierced horizontally twice before i had them done vertically.

i had trouble with the seam running through the middle of the cups causing rejection with the horizontal piercings.
i used to catch them quite alot and wearing strappy pj's in bed caused issues

since having them vertically everything has been fine no problems (touch wood!)

-------------
"I am selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times hard to handle... But if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!"

- Marilyn Monroe

Posted By: LucieMay
Date Posted: July/05/2009 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by childofthewild

Originally posted by LucieMay

I wear the same size bra as you do and I'm the same way. I hate having them out. My nipple piercings definitely like being nice and comfortable snug inside my bra.

Yes, they feel wild and wayward without a bra!

-------------
Caustic blonde.

Print Page | Close Window