Print Page | Close Window

You're weird

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: General Chit-Chat
Forum Name: General Talk About Anything
Forum Discription: Talk about anything your little modded heart desires!
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17544
Printed Date: September/28/2020 at 8:07pm

Topic: You're weird
Posted By: wormbuffet
Subject: You're weird
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 10:33pm
Okay so, you know those things you do that make you feel weird and you think nobody else does them?
I think we should talk about those here. haha.

I suppose I'm supposed to start soo...
everytime after I eat I do 200 sit ups, it's a compulsive habit.

-------------

http://www.mmarly.tumblr.com - RAW TUMBLR SHIT

Replies:
Posted By: freakychild
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 10:44pm
at least you have rock hard abs of STEEEL!!!!!

when i shower, i have to wash four times... i realize that it's an OCD......

also, it may not be wierd...

but i refuse to drink vodka in a mixed drink or mixed shot... i will only drink vodka straight, with a slight chill.... and i absolutely do not drink dark liquours... it's either vodka or shnapps... none other...

oh, i don't drink beer... can't stand the stuff..

-------------
http://www.helltrash.com">

Posted By: CheapPerfume
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 10:47pm
I check my bed, my walls surrounding my bed, and the window sill for bugs/spiders/etc. before I go to sleep at night.

I am terrified of them. lol

Posted By: glimme
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by CheapPerfume

I check my bed, my walls surrounding my bed, and the window sill for bugs/spiders/etc. before I go to sleep at night.I am terrified of them. lol

They do say you know the average person swallows about 6 or so spiders in their sleep in their entire lifetime. I'm sure it's probably similar for insects as well.

-------------
"This stuff, it makes pure mescaline seem like ginger beer man."

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson

Posted By: harley.g
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 10:58pm
I want to poke people with sharp objects for a living.. I guess that is not so weird on this site lol.

Posted By: Eccentric Soul
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 10:59pm
I do fuck lotta things which nobody else does... But none of those things makes me feel weird...

Does that sound weird?

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/TJPhotography">

Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 11:11pm
i'm right handed but i shave my legs with my left hand

-------------

Posted By: felonious drunk
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 11:14pm
I obsessively pick my nose.

(everyone on the live video chat knows)

-------------

Posted By: thesounknown
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 11:23pm
When I'm walking down the street or the sidewalk I always avoid manholes and things of that nature.  ALWAYS. 

-------------
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.

Posted By: freakychild
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 11:56pm
oh,

i compulsively try to find a rhythm to most anything that would lend it's self to it...

such as, when driving down the road.... watching and clicking along with the passing electricity poles or hashes on the roadway....
the clanging of a fan with blades that aren't quite in balance....
the ticking of a car's motor whilst it's turned off and the block is cooling down...
things like that...

i'm very OCD about that...

i find myself all the time making or trying to find a rhythm of some sorts...
even so much as typing in a measured rate....

so, yea... ummm..

-------------
http://www.helltrash.com">

Posted By: that1chick
Date Posted: December/22/2009 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by freakychild

oh, i compulsively try to find a rhythm to most anything that would lend it's self to it...such as, when driving down the road.... watching and clicking along with the passing electricity poles or hashes on the roadway.... the clanging of a fan with blades that aren't quite in balance.... the ticking of a car's motor whilst it's turned off and the block is cooling down... things like that... i'm very OCD about that... i find myself all the time making or trying to find a rhythm of some sorts... even so much as typing in a measured rate.... so, yea... ummm..

OMG. I do that ALL THE TIME.

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~124632.aspx">

Posted By: Pinkie
Originally posted by felonious drunk

I obsessively pick my nose.

(everyone on the live video chat knows)

ME.  TOO.  I don't really consider a person my friend until I'm comfortable enough to shove my finger up my nose in front of them.

Hmmm....well I suppose one thing for me is that I have a fear of tape and other assorted sticky things.  The only time it's ok is if I take it directly off the roll.  Seriously, I've run away screaming from someone chasing me with a piece of tape.  I kicked a friend in the shin and left a pretty bad bruise because he held a banana sticker near me.

-------------
I can be the jump start for the car parked in your miiiiiiiind
'Cause you left the lights on all night long

Originally posted by that1chick

Originally posted by freakychild

oh, i compulsively try to find a rhythm to most anything that would lend it's self to it...such as, when driving down the road.... watching and clicking along with the passing electricity poles or hashes on the roadway.... the clanging of a fan with blades that aren't quite in balance.... the ticking of a car's motor whilst it's turned off and the block is cooling down... things like that... i'm very OCD about that... i find myself all the time making or trying to find a rhythm of some sorts... even so much as typing in a measured rate.... so, yea... ummm..

OMG. I do that ALL THE TIME.

me toooo haha

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:00am
i chew on my right snakebite constantly really really fast, i get in trouble from my parents for sounded like a hamster chewing on something all the time

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:04am
There is only one position I can fall asleep in, unless drugged or facing extreme exhaustion.

I HAVE to lay on my stomach, with my right arm tucked under my pillow/head, my head turned to the left, my ankles crossed (right on top), and my left arm laying over another pillow.

Otherwise, I don't fall asleep.

I also create superhero names for people I see who look interesting, if we've never met.

Captain Fairy-punch
The Beer Belly Wonder
Grand Mistress Flash (Not as much of a superhero name, really.)

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:10am
I constantly need a mathematical problem in my head.
I'll take two numbers and divide them,
and see how many decimal points I can get
before forgetting what numbers I was dividing.
It becomes a problem when people insist
that I make an 'I'm listening to you' face.
But it's on constantly.
The last few days have been calculating Phi
I get side tracked from the division being a game,
so I've only narrowed it down to being between 61.5% 38.5%  and 62% 38%

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:11am
I have to be symmetrical in any way I possible can.  For example, I have to have the same piercings on each side of me.  But it goes for a lot of stuff.
It used to be pretty bad when I was younger and my OCD sort of controlled my life.  I had situations like purposely slamming the door on a toe because it accidentally happened on the other foot.
My fingernails break really easily and sometimes when that happens I bite that nail on the other hand to make them match.
The one thing on me that might not seem symmetrical (that I can control) is my tattoo on my left wrist.  But I balance this out by attaching my wallet (with chain) and keys and keeping my cell phone in my pocket all on the right side.  In my mind, somehow this balances.

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:15am
If I'm eating something, I eat one part at a time.
I eat it in order of my least favorite part to my favorite.

I also do this with candies.
If I have a bag of m&ms, I eat one color at a time, going from whatever color I have the least of to the most.
If someone else asks for one, they can only have the color I'm working on at the time.

I get really upset if anyone disrupts this.

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:20am

If I have a bag of m&ms, I eat one color at a time, going from whatever color I have the least of to the most.
If someone else asks for one, they can only have the color I'm working on at the time.

Ooooh yes!  I do that too!  Before I became vegan, Reese's Cups were my favorite thing in the world and I would always very carefully eat the chocolate around the edge and then on the top then on the bottom making sure not to damage the peanut butter piece.  Then I would suck on the peanut butter.  I would eat ravioli in a pretty similar manner.

And I eat cookies and sandwiches by eating the whole outer edge first, then going around and around until I get to the middle.  Which is the best part, duhhhhh.

-------------

Posted By: IMMORTAL XAIAOS
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:24am
i count my footsteps walking home from work

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:29am
I walk on my toes when I'm barefoot...as in without socks.  Even in the house.  I didn't realize until I was a teenager that my mom does the exact same thing.

ETA:
This thread was a pretty genius idea and I'm angry I have to go sleep so early now.  Hopefully there will be a lot here in the morning!  I'm looking forward to seeing how weird everyone is...

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:38am

I always eat my pizza crust first (unless it's the kind with the delicious crust)

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Pinkie

I walk on my toes when I'm barefoot...as in without socks.  Even in the house.  I didn't realize until I was a teenager that my mom does the exact same thing.

ETA:
This thread was a pretty genius idea and I'm angry I have to go sleep so early now.  Hopefully there will be a lot here in the morning!  I'm looking forward to seeing how weird everyone is...

I walk blade footed

-------------

Posted By: MonStarr
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:54am
I always have the numbers 26 & 27 in my head.
I have to have socks on before i put on pants or shorts.
My shirts have to be high & tight around me neck, i cant stand lose necks on shirts, if so i cant wear them.
I also take a drink after each bite of food.
My shoes have to be clean and never dirty, same goes with my cloths.

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 12:55am
Oh, I have a fun one!

This is my favorite kind of pizza, from my favorite place:

If you can't tell, each piece of pizza is about an inch and half thick because there are so many toppings.

I used to (and still occasionally) eat pizza one topping at a time.

So, I would get a piece of that pizza, pull off the cheese, put it to the side, then eat all of the pepperonis, then all of the banana peppers, then another topping... and so on.

It took me damn near an hour to eat one piece.

EDIT: Damn it. Now I'm hungry.

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 1:10am
Also, while I'm wrapping Christmas presents...

I insist on buying all the wrapping paper for my family so I can coordinate it all.

If the papers don't look nice together... it annoys the hell out of me.

-------------

Posted By: kcir
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 1:11am
i blame it on the dog.

-------------
http://www.cutinto.me">

Posted By: heatherfeather
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 1:29am
I dance around my room in nothing my my bra and panties listening to my ipod.

I snuggle with everything....it makes me feel safe.

I have to have ice in my water...otherwise I can't drink it...when the ice melts I have to go get more...

My driving speed has to match how loud the music is. If I am driving really fast the music has to be really loud...if I am driving 25 it has to be soft...

I think that is all for now...I usually dont realize I am doing half this stuff until I am actually doing it...so it is kinda hard to list it all...

Posted By: Fatum
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 2:16am
I don't really have things like that anymore ^^

What i used to do when i was younger though was always count down from 10 before i could do something, especially in the morning when waking up or getting out of the shower.

Oh, and usually when i eat pepperoni, i eat the salami first, and then the slice of pizza  :D

That's about it i guess =)

-------------
There is poetry in despair, Bitter elegies of savagery and eloquence.

Posted By: ambermaee
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 2:33am
i chew in multiples of five. and i start on my left side and finish on my right side. and i have to eat as equal of an amount as possible on each side.

Posted By: Jeeennnnniiiii
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 3:21am
I have to take a bite of my meal before i sit down.

I can't drink wine out of anything other than a wine glass.

I have to look away if i see someone drinking a cold drink out of a mug. It makes me shudder.

And we have 2 sets of cutlery... which I can't used mix-matched.

I have lots of other quirks, and it was last week when I went back to visit my parents that Matt began to understand me a lot more... I am just the same as my Mother.

-------------
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 3:32am
I CANNOT STAND the sound of someone rubbing their fingertips on velvet, suede, car seat fabric, or other things that look smooth and make noise when rubbed. It drives me up the wall, and makes me shiver when I hear it (or feel it, if I accidentally do it).

I also cannot go to sleep unless I have ensured my bladder is empty. If I haven't gone wee approximately .00000023 seconds before getting in bed, I must go, otherwise I can't fall asleep. Until I get up and go, anyway. lol

Posted By: shivasaurus
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 3:53am
i touch myself! hahaha. but i don't think that makes me weird ;)

in all seriousness..

i'm completely compulsive about skin picking. i've done it since i was like 6.
i count stairs. i also count how many square of toilet paper i'm using ...every time. then, i fold it so it's small and symmetrical.
i eat smarties, m&m's etc, by seperating all the colors and eating the ones with the most per color first and work my way down. if two colors are even, i eat my favorite color of the 2 first.
i always bite my piercing jewelery, and play with the ones that aren't in the mouth ...it's caused me to lose lots of jewelery
when i smoke, after each drag, i have to cough and spit once.

Posted By: thesounknown
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 7:16am
I always eat the worst part of the food first too and save my favorite part for last.  Pizza is always crust first.

Sometimes when I am talking to people I am typing with my hands (in the air or into my own hands or whatever) what I am saying or what they are saying.  Or sometimes signing it.  I don't know why.  It's something weirdly compulsive that I do.

I also count the stairs when I am going up and down them, but I have gotten better about not having to do that.

-------------
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.

Posted By: standingtyping
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 7:58am
ya'll have made me feel very normal, thank you!

-------------
"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."

Posted By: xevious
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 9:57am
I do the candy thing, but in a slightly different way. Say I'm eating a milky way bar. I eat the sides, then the bottom, then the top, then I eat the nougat, then the caramel. I rarely eat snickers because i cant get the peanuts out of the caramel.

If I feel a booger, I have to get it out. I will go in the bathroom and MAKE that fucker get out.

I sleep in the same position that1chick. And its awesome because my husband has his own sleep position that fits perfectly with it lol

-------------
I have titties.

Posted By: crystoth
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 9:59am
I complusively pick my skin on my lips. Sometimes to the point where they'll bleed. (dermatillomania)
I have a severe phobia of ice. It is my only phobia. (pagophobia)
I only have one allergy. I am allergic to velvet.
The sound of snow or cotton wool crunching makes me feel physically sick.

Everything has to be done in fours. 4 is not my favourite number but 4 is the number of order to me. If possible I will do things in sixteens because it is 4 x 4... therefore even more ordered. Luckily I stop at 16 now, I used to be much worse.
I count stairs and as my right foot is my 'strong foot' I make sure I know exactly how many stairs there are so that it is the foot that is first to touch the next floor.
I like everything within immediate reach to be at right angles.
My wardrobe is currently ordered by type of item (jackets, shirts, tshirts, skirts, dresses, trousers) but this isn't good enough yet. I want to arrange them further and this will probably be either by colour or I might even arrange them in to 'ready made' outfits with the appropriate accessories grouped with them too.
If I can arrange everything in to labelled boxes I am a very happy girl.

I obsessively check cuttlery. If I need a fork I will carefully inspect every single fork until I find the 'best' one. Whenever possible I combat this by using chopsticks.
I separate colours sweets by colour. Then I have to eat them in fours. Sometimes I can eat the remainders, sometimes I can't. I depends on how I'm feeling that day.
When I'm eating mini cheddars I eat the whole ones first (in fours, of course), then I match up the broken pieces and eat them. I want to keep the left over pieces in the hope that I can match them up with my next packet but my complusive hoarding days are over (WAHOO :D).
Peanuts are similar to mini cheddars. I pick out all the whole peanuts first, break them in two, eat the half that doesn't have the kernel stuck to it, pull the kernel off of the half that does have it, eat the remaining half and then I eat the kernel. Then I try and match up the remaining halves and follow the same eating pattern.
If there is a 24 hour digital clock around I will compulsively add up the two halves of the clock (so if the time was 12:36 I would do 12 + 36 = 48) and if the number was divisible by 4 (like in my example) or was a number that would fit into a certain pattern (12, 24, 36, 22, 44, 66 as a few examples) I would be happy until the next 'good' number came around.

That's all I can really think of right now. Since hitting my 20s I have calmed down quite a lot, I used to be much worse than this :)

-------------
Psyren Design

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 10:03am

I CANNOT STAND the sound of someone rubbing their fingertips on velvet, suede, car seat fabric, or other things that look smooth and make noise when rubbed. It drives me up the wall, and makes me shiver when I hear it (or feel it, if I accidentally do it).

I also cannot go to sleep unless I have ensured my bladder is empty. If I haven't gone wee approximately .00000023 seconds before getting in bed, I must go, otherwise I can't fall asleep. Until I get up and go, anyway. lol

I so get you with the fingertips on certain things.  Some fabrics I just can't stand the sound and I freak out if someone scratches paper or cardboard products.  Nails on paper is worse than nails on a chalkboard for me.

And I also have to pee right before bed.  And if I take a while to fall asleep I have to get up and try to pee again, even if I don't really have to.  I think I have some weird fear of wetting the bed, although I have never actually done it.  Except for when I was a little bitty kid haha

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 10:19am
My dresser is arranged like this:
Top left drawer is panties with black ones folded and in a pile on the left, white ones on the right, and colored ones in the middle in a rainbow.  Middle left drawer is black shirts with plain ones on the left and ones with writing/band names and such on the right.  Bottom left drawer is pink shirts on the left, green ones in the middle and blue ones on the right. 
Top middle drawer has thin socks on the left with tall ones in the back and short ones in the front, thick socks in the middle arranged the same way, and bras on the right side arranged by color.  The bottom middle section of my dresser contains my video games arranged by system and how likely I am to play them.  Top right drawer is my keys, wallet, make up and all those other things I use on a daily basis.  Middle right drawer is white shirts on the left, other colored shirts on the right in color order.  Bottom right drawer has stockings and leggings in the left front, exercise clothes in the left back, sleepwear in the right back and shirts I need to re-sew to fit me in the right front.
My closet (from left to right) is mini skirts, medium-length skirts (I don't own any long skirts...), shorts, capris/cut-offs, pants, sleeveless shirts (I hang up anything except t-shirts), short-sleeve shirts, 3/4 sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, overshirts/button-ups, sweaters/cardigans, hoodies, then jackets.  Each category then goes in order of color.

Maybe I went into fashion design because I'm so obsessive about my clothing?

ETA:
Oh yeah, dresses are in between pants and shirts.  They are arranged by length and sleeve length.

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 11:48am
Originally posted by crystoth

The sound of snow or cotton wool crunching makes me feel physically sick.

The sound of alarms makes me feel physically sick.

It used to just be the buzz-y alarm clocks, but fire alarms make me feel sick now too.

-------------

Posted By: DeaOfScelestus
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 2:21pm
I cannot handle cardboard on concrete surfaces. Or when someone scrapes their teeth on their fork or spoon. I absolutely have to stick to routine in the shower which is wash hair, put in conditioner, shave, wash self, rinse conditioner or I'll forget to do one of the above things. I eat around the middle of all of my sandwiches, breads, danishes, donuts etc because the middle is the best part. I compulsively check locked doors and make sure I have my keys even when I am absolutely POSITIVE I've locked up and my keys are safe in my purse. I will nag the hell out of nailbiters in my presence because it freaks me out, and loud, unidentifiable noises send me straight into a panic attack that makes me want to barf.

I know I have more, but I'm starting to feel like a complete dork. :)

-------------
Photobucket

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 3:46pm
Someone is probably going to document all this and find us and make us all tweak out.

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 3:58pm
LOL that would be creepy...

i do the routine thing in the shower too... i have to start the water, wait 5 or so minutes, hang my towel over the glass door... then i wet my hair, shampoo... then i put on conditioner and while i'm letting it moisturize my ends for a few minutes i shave and use my shower gel. wash out conditioner and rinse my hair a few times more. stand under the hot water and let it fall on my muscles (i have muscle problems)... get out, sit on my bed in a towel for a while. ahaha.

Posted By: Girlgerm
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 4:04pm
You guys are all fucking weird.....

....in my room my clothes, shoes, make up,undies, nail varnishes and dvds (and more) are arranged by either colour,how much i like them, material or how worn they are...it changes when i feel the need. If you touch them you die. Not reallly cause i LOVE rearranging them, i love tidying, painting nails, sorting skins and i love wrapping gifts. Its all ritual. <3

If im buying something on my card i cant spend £11.....it has to be £10 or ill go to £20.

If someone random strokes my chihuahua i have to like...stroke their stroke away lol...thats weird but i dont like people i dont know touching my stuff.

If im in town alone i stop in so many public loos to make sure nothings wrong with how i look cause i get soooo paranoid. But out with a mate i could have loo paper stuck to my foot, my shirt buttoned wrong and my make up halfway down my face and i dont care. Im 22 and i refuse to go places alone unless i need to so brighton travelling was a big thing for me.

I have lots more but shh.

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 5:09pm
My sister does the "stroke their stroke away" thing. If you touch something of hers, she will touch it in the same way to erase your touch.

Sometimes I touch all of her things just to make her mad. :]

Posted By: Jenneee
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 5:36pm
I eat the outside of my sandwiches first, all around the edge (the crust). I think it's because I don't like crust that much, but this habbit has also followed into eating burgers haha!

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~40524.aspx">

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 5:43pm
I use to not be able to let any of my foods touch each other on the plate. Especially ketchup.
I'm not quite sure how I got over this one.

I also compulsively chew on the insides of my lips/cheeks. They don't bleed, I just remove bumpy bits or dead skin that sticks out.

My weirdest thing is probably that I ALWAYS fall asleep in a car. My parents use to drive me around town when I was a baby and couldn't fall asleep, so I guess it probably stems from that. You put me in a car and I WILL pass out at some point. Unless I'm driving. Heh.

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 6:38pm
Haha, I sleep in cars too!

When I went to skinD, I took a train, and the station was 3ish hours away from Billings... so Spock picked me up and I totally fell asleep on the way.

I didn't even know him at the time. lmao. I think that makes it extra weird.

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 7:57pm
i never have/let food touch each other. so by the end of dinner, i'll usually have gone through 3 plates and a copious amount of cutlery..

i have to lemon on almost all of my food... bread, pasta, meat, potatoes, etc.

i HAVE to have the tv set at a double number (i.e. 11 - my lucky number) ...i do this with the microwave too (i.e. 3:33). i feel unlucky, or like i will have a bad day or whatever when things, especially stairs, aren't double numbers.

my wardrobe (well, for that of which is not in hampers, haha) is all style and color co-ordinated. tanks, tees, long sleeves/sweaters, dresses ...my bottom rack needs to be fixed up but it goes spare hangers, skirts, shorts, sweats/pee jays and then jeans. it's so color co-ordinated that if things are the same color ish, i'll compare them under light to get them in right.

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 7:59pm
On the first day of my summer internship, my boss drove us 3 hours down to Pennsylvania to install a new server at that branch office.

... I fell asleep in the car the first day on the job. And apparently talked in my sleep.

Embarrassing? Yes indeedy.

Posted By: ZombiePhlegm
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 10:39pm
when I get nervous or think about something I find gross I tick, my neck spasms and it flicks to the left sharply.. all I can think of

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 10:43pm
I use to feel embarrassed when I thought that someone else should have been. 

-------------

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 10:48pm

i still have that

-------------

Posted By: Eiram666Yelhsa
Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 10:51pm

There is only one position I can fall asleep in, unless drugged or facing extreme exhaustion.

I HAVE to lay on my stomach, with my right arm tucked under my pillow/head, my head turned to the left, my ankles crossed (right on top), and my left arm laying over another pillow.

Otherwise, I don't fall asleep.

I have to lay like that but with my left arm under the pillow, face turned right, my other arm above my head on the pillow and i have to have a blanket separating my legs and my boobs. If I feel my skin touching, I flip out!

-------------
-menchaca

Date Posted: December/23/2009 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by wormbuffet

i still have that

Why?

It still happens sometimes, and I have to tell myself,
"you're an arrogant bastard that would have no problem slappin' your cock in the faces of any of the douches surrounding you"

-------------

Posted By: AmberLyn
Date Posted: December/24/2009 at 1:10am
I prefer even numbers over odd numbers for most things. When I eat colored candy, I like to group all the colors together and then eat them by color. Yay OCD, haha. If I'm a passenger in a car for more than 20 minutes, I start to fall asleep. I have to brush my teeth before I leave my house, even if that means I'm going to be late to wherever I'm going. I have to sleep with my feet uncovered. I prefer to be barefoot whenever I can be. All I can think of right now...

-------------

Posted By: LauraOFace
Date Posted: December/24/2009 at 9:51pm
I happy that most of you said "I compulsivel do this" As apposed to "I am ocd about" As being compulisve about something is one thing.. Having OCD is another.
Every small part of my life has to be exact. I have to know every detail in every order and then factor every possible outcome to every possible step. If I dont know, I will freak out.

My life is organised by numbers, colours, times, seconds, positions. You name it.

My wardrobe is arranged by item : Trousers, Skirts, Shorts, Vests, Strap tops, tops(each colour section is spliy into long/short sleeve), Jumpers, shirts, uniform.
Each sub section is organised by colour;Starting with the darker colour.

Thats on a bar. All hung up. ith a specific type and colour of coat hanger. Every section has an EXACT amount of 1 type of coloured coat hanger.

I then have shoes, bras, undies, socks, scarves, jammies, hats, ties etc etc all arranged in seperate wicker baskets.. which ALL match. They go underneath the hanging clothes in correlation with the type of clothing. Shoes under Trousers etc. All again are colour coordinated and sectioned. I have a specific amount of each type of item, colour etc.

Thats just clothes. Jewellary is much worse. Describing it would put me to sleep.

May post a picture.

But thats just my wardrobe. Take that and apply it to everything in my life. Everything i do. And thats me.

-------------
Gone wandering

Posted By: LauraOFace
Date Posted: December/24/2009 at 10:00pm
Every item in my room has a specifc place. Books are horrendous. They all go in Specific genres according to what I catagorise them. They then go by sizes. Half stand and line up, others stacked all depending on the kind of size.
My games are done the same.

Ornaments and All decorations have to be angled towards a specific corner. I can never figure out why it goes to that specific corner.

I have 14 pillows on my double bed. They all have a specific place. I have to arrange them exact every morning when i wake up.

I cannot pick up a book and start reading it unless I intend on finishing it withing a day. I will stop reading when i fall asleep. I then wake up and when im ready to continue i pick it up and do the same thing.

I hate the siht of cables and ALL have to be 100% hidden. If i see a tiny bit ill be very annoyed and re organise my room.

*I have not even left my bedroom yet.

I have hardwood floors. I have already counted how many struts there are in each different size and how many nails where used to hammer them down. It dements me that 1 is uneven and theres a gap.

*** Ill talk about the outside of my bedroomn life another time. Im tired just trying to explain my OCD within my bedroom let alone the actual weirder stuff outside.

-------------
Gone wandering

Date Posted: December/24/2009 at 10:08pm

i still have that
Why?It still happens sometimes, and I have to tell myself,"you're an arrogant bastard that would have no problem slappin' your cock in the faces of any of the douches surrounding you"

i have a slight case of agoraphobia and i'm really insecure when i'm around people in public. haha

-------------

Date Posted: December/24/2009 at 10:33pm

i still have that
Why?It still happens sometimes, and I have to tell myself,"you're an arrogant bastard that would have no problem slappin' your cock in the faces of any of the douches surrounding you"

i have a slight case of agoraphobia and i'm really insecure when i'm around people in public. haha

You should practice being more agoraphobic.
My friend collects disability, because he convinced a psychiatrist
that he is too scared to leave the house and go to work.
I guess it's partially true: He is scared of work.

-------------

Date Posted: December/24/2009 at 10:52pm

i still have that

I'm going to do that once i have my own apartment. I have no problem convincing the psychiatrist, she calls me repeatedly because i will not show up for meetings or answer the phone. I was 'removed' from highschool because i wasn't 'mentally fit' to be there. Was diagnosed with a bunch of shit and now i never leave my house!

-------------

Date Posted: December/25/2009 at 4:50am
My stuff is more than just compulsive it goes along with my other things that i dont speak about. Its a control thing and only started within last few years. But its fine.

Posted By: Keiran1980
Date Posted: December/25/2009 at 2:50pm

It would take longer for me to list the ways in which other people do not find me weird. I certainly have OCD but as the years have gone on I have really worked at trying to reduce the impact this condition has on my daily life. Increasingly I think that there just is no such thing as "normal" and that too few people realise this.

-------------
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson

Date Posted: December/26/2009 at 7:37pm
Yeah. Noones normal. We all have rituals even if its as "normal" as doing your make up or dressing a certain way. Its just more subtle.

Date Posted: January/01/2010 at 9:48am

My ex's mother used to do this. She said she was agotaphobic and yet would walk to the shops and back without blinking, she'd go to town and talk to people fine, the first time I met her was in a busy pub and she instantly started talking to me.

She was your stereotypical ex crack-addict turnt mother, she didn't drink water, she drank lambrini claiming that water made her throw up and that it was her only 'treat' she smoked a hell of a lot, so much so that it used to make me feel ill (I've been arround smokers my entire life so i'm pretty used to it) she used to sit in the window smoking so that the smoke wouldn't get to the baby, when I tried to explain it she got all defensive but didn't stop it. She also claimed that she knew how to deal with ADHD, her son suffered pretty badly from it, he was a lovely kid he was just excitable. She was letting him smoke ciggarettes from the age of 10 and would constantly bully the poor kid for thinking differently from her, one day he decided that he had a good reason for god not existing, something that any kid will do, she shot him down so venomously that you would of thought that he had just kicked their cat, the woman claimed that she was very open-minded and yet was constantly arguing with me and getting teary just because she wasn't smart enough to hold an arguement with me, instead of doing the rational thing she would just go into denial and wouldn't see any form of reason.

Now this all does link back to my little compulsive things. I was sat there in the house with my now-ex and was in a very... comprimised position, the kids dad was in the house and he was all over her pretty much, so understandably I was a little pissed but was trying to control myself because I knew he was a lechorus bastard, either way I was starting to feel stressed and annoyed and I had a hardback book in my hands, I started rapping my fingers on the cover without realising, her mother literally ordered me to stop, too which I physically couldn't, I tried to explain to her that I couldn't do it because she had been rude and that I honestly needed to hear it politer, it came down to her and her son both trying to snatch the book away from me, the book had been a gift from a friend so was special to me plus they were trying to snatch my stuff from me so I got very angry and actually threatened the woman and her son without even thinking, she promptly burst into tears and fled the room to go smoke a packet of fags.

One thing I never understood, the woman would claim that she enjoyed just how blunt and honest I could be and yet she could never stand it when it got turnt on her, she seemed to think just because I was her daughters partner and step-father (pretty much) to her grandson that she was immune to what I had to say, same goes for her daughter sadly. Family from hell? Yeah, you could say that. Full of morons and people that want so badly to be mentally ill that they pretended to be. Like mother like daughter I suppose, moral of this story is, you should really meet your partners parents before things get serious 'cuz by christ they can tell you a lot about your partner!

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: hellodave
Date Posted: January/01/2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by glimme

I check my bed, my walls surrounding my bed, and the window sill for bugs/spiders/etc. before I go to sleep at night.I am terrified of them. lol

They do say you know the average person swallows about 6 or so spiders in their sleep in their entire lifetime. I'm sure it's probably similar for insects as well.

Not true. They can detect the carbon dioxide in your breath and see you as a predator, so don't come near you.
And I do all the checking, etc, but for Communists, not spiders haha. I eat dry cereal and pick the skin off my lips a lot. There are many other weird things I do but I can't be arsed to list them all lol.
And, Zombie, that sucks. I don't understand why anyone would WANT to be mentally ill. It's horrible. xx

-------------
"Drink plenty of whisky and you'll live as long as me!" - Frank Smith, 1910-2006.

Posted By: Eccentric Soul
Date Posted: January/01/2010 at 10:41am
^She's 100% weird! From head to Toe!

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/TJPhotography">

Posted By: morgannn
Date Posted: January/02/2010 at 2:08am
I can't put salt on my food. I have to pour salt on a napkin and dip my food into it.

-------------
Morgannn.

Posted By: frosty172
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 12:54am
I've chewed my nails down as much as I can usually until they bleed and then start chewing on the skin around my fingers until they are raw. I've don that for 20 years straight.
when I kneel down and bend over something and my stomach makes a roll and folds in on itself I feel ill and start freaking out.
If bread is available, I will make just about every meal into a sandwich.
if I'm standing alone in a crowded airport or in sometimes in a line in a store I get really angry about anyone touching me at all. I can usually keep from doing anything or saying anything, but in my head I'm screaming and imagining myself kicking the shit out of everyone within arms reach.
I use to chew my lips alot until they bled
I pick at my scabs whenever I can.
if I don't go to the gym or stay active at least once every couple days, I start freaking out and can't think of anything else

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~144455.aspx">

Posted By: sistersprout
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 1:36am

Way to fuel the fire! XD

Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 1:40am
I scratch my head ALL THE TIME.  Not in the typical monkeywoman manner, just light scratching.  I have done this since junior high school.  It is only remedied by wearing hats.

Also I scratch my boyfriend's head and he likes it.  He's a keeper.

Posted By: AltheaRose
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 2:40am
I like to pick my nose and flick boogers at strangers.
I have a LOT of weird habits / routines / rituals.
yup.

-------------

Posted By: freckled20
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 2:42am
hm...

- soy milk in the bowl BEFORE the cereal... always.
- when showering, I have to soak my body, then shave my bikini line starting with the left side first, then the right, then straight across the top so I have a little patch (all while keeping my left leg up on the side of the tub by the wall)  then I can shampoo my head & rinse, then soap the loofah and start with the left arm, then the right, then across and around the boobs, then my stomach, then my legs and then my lady bits. ALWAYS in that order. If not, I go nuts.
- All of my dollar bills have to be facing the same way and need to be right side up as well as in order of worth, folded in half with the singles in the middle.
- I always put my left shoe on first (I should probably mention that I'm a righty at this point lol)
- There are quite a few other things but this it what I'll share...

-------------
Don't judge me monkey...

Posted By: olivah
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 2:50am
I have to sit on the opposite side of the driver when on the bus (its a balance thing) and when I'm nervous I always touch my nose

Posted By: PrincessAnna
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 5:28am
I talk in my sleep (not a compulsive thing like most of you have mentioned- but it is pretty weird)
I always have to check and recheck I have my keys. And when i'm leaving my car I lock it, then press the lock button on my key like, 3 more times so i'm completely sure it is locked, if i'm not it stays on my mind the rest of the day, and I have to go back and check its locked.
I have a slight fear of other peoples bodily fluids, not so much it interferes with my life or er, activities, but if I think about it it creeps me out.
I'm so terrified of pigeons that if one is in front of me and starts flying, it can make me cry.
I always rip my sandwiches apart and eat each bit rather than eating the whole thing at once.
I still suck my thumb, a lot, especially when i'm tired but even when i'm bored. Gets a bit embarrassing as I find myself doing it in public. I also always pick the skin around my finger nails, and it drives me mental if I can't pick it anymore.
..theres probably a lot more

-------------
I'm not bad, i'm just drawn that way

Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 10:54am
Originally posted by olivah

I have to sit on the opposite side of the driver when on the bus (its a balance thing) and when I'm nervous I always touch my nose

I do the nose things! c'ept it covers a lot of different things, mine clicks because of how it was broken in a fight so if I get uncomfortable i'l click it gently and if I around someone that I don't like I'l click it enough to the click to be audable... usually only uo myself though... ometimes I click it because it gets uncomfortable though, like clicking your fingers.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 11:37am
Originally posted by sistersprout

I scratch my head ALL THE TIME.  Not in the typical monkeywoman manner, just light scratching.  I have done this since junior high school.  It is only remedied by wearing hats.Also I scratch my boyfriend's head and he likes it.  He's a keeper.

I do this too, when i'm nervous or something i move my bangs around.

I also have this thing where I can't stop peeling all the skin off my lips until they bleed. It's so annoying.

-------------

Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 1:01pm
I bite the skin off too, when I'm thinking hard about something.  Don't even realize it x_x

Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by sistersprout

Way to fuel the fire! XD

Haha, right?
I always thought that, though. Someone just said it was a myth in this thread though.
Honestly, I could care less if I swallow them in my sleep. I just freak out if I SEE them.

Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by olivah

I have to sit on the opposite side of the driver when on the bus (its a balance thing)

+1

Posted By: ScarredSkin
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 2:30pm
Wen I'm nervous or just on coffee (=nearly all the timeTired) I start to gnaw at my lips and the skin on my fingers but never at the nails.

Posted By: Boogieforme
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 6:41pm
When in a car as a passenger, when no one talks, I'll flex my calf muscles for every time a pole comes by, and try to make it as rhythmic as possible.

I have to have 1 scoop and just a tiny bit more of sugar in my tea.

I never share food that I've already considered mine.

When I talk to strangers around my age, and find a click they will know my life story within the next few hours.

Money in my wallet has to be arranged in size, and all have the right side to the front.

That's all i can think of.

-------------
- Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost -

Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 7:23pm
I can't stand to sit still for too long, so, when forced, I concentrate on flexing individual muscles independently.

I'm fucking awesome at muscle isolations.

-------------

Posted By: xoerinxo
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 8:34pm
i always start stairs on my right foot (like the bottom step) and end on my right foot (on the last step/landing) so sometimes it doesnt even out and ill just a step or step on one twice?

Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 11:16pm

Haha, right?
I always thought that, though. Someone just said it was a myth in this thread though.
Honestly, I could care less if I swallow them in my sleep. I just freak out if I SEE them.

I wonder if spiders... have any nutritional value.
Not that if they did I'd start hunting them down, but I wonder!

Print Page | Close Window