Print Page | Close Window

new year=new me.

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: General Chit-Chat
Forum Name: General Talk About Anything
Forum Discription: Talk about anything your little modded heart desires!
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17628
Printed Date: November/25/2020 at 11:58am

Topic: new year=new me.
Posted By: AmberLyn
Subject: new year=new me.
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 3:53am
I started a diet and exercise program recently. And, well, I was just wondering if anyone else is currently trying to lose weight, or just become a healthier person.

I've cut out soda and fast food and I only eat sweets in moderation, if any at all. I do have a gym membership, but I had to put my account on hold until the end of February, so I have been doing the Wii Active. That seriously kicks my ass. Starting later today I'm going to do the first day of the 30 day Challenge on the Wii Active. Currently I weigh 216.8 and I want to get down to 180 by march. I'm actually in a weight loss competition on you tube, I could win $500. If you want to know more about the contest, please message me.

Replies:
Posted By: JanielleUndead
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 4:06am
Me! I used to be at 110 and now I'm at 130(not healthy for a 5'0" person). I'm cutting out soda except for unsual occasions(i.e. going out to eat, birthday parties, etc.) and fast food once a month.

Also, I'm kicking it with Dance Dance Revolution 1-3 hours a day. :]

-------------

Formerly known as TankGrrl.

Posted By: ditadahmer
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 4:18am
I just wanted to say congratulations and good luck for the year ahead. 

Posted By: flutegoddess
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 4:34am
I'm also trying to lose some weight. I'm heavier than I'd like (180 lbs) and I'm 5'7". I've cut out pop and am trying to minimalize my fast food intake. I'm searching for a good yoga class in my area, and I'm going to give the Wii fit another go. My aunt and I are supposed to start Weight Watchers this month too. I'm thinking of starting a little journal with everything I eat and how much i excercise, and setting little goals for my self. My first goal is to loose ten pounds by the first week in February. Its encouraging to know there are more people on this site going through the same thing!

-------------

Posted By: ilessthan3tea
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 5:02am
Im planning to just get healthy, my energy levels are crap at the moment, so with that Im going to start gming it agian and start cooking meals from scratch as it is something I really enjoy.

Posted By: pointblankzero
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 5:30am
I'm not dieting so much but I'm going to start exercising/weight lifting more. Want to turn the flab I gained in 2009 into something useful or get rid of it :P

-------------
Follow: @jrdnhannah

Posted By: Keiran1980
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 6:13am
I want to be healthier. I have started walking to work and on my day off I am doing exercise. I lost a long of weight two years ago and plan to lose more after having a break from weight loss in 2009.

-------------
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson

Posted By: Jesykka
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 6:23am
I am devoting my attention to recovery.
...recovery and work.
:P

-------------
"I get modified for the current trendy vanity worth, im a complete twat, one day all my piercings will be taken out anyway."-Kashina

Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 6:30am
Awesome, I wasn't expecting this many responses already =]. I will keep you guys updated on my progress on this thread. Feel free to continue posting! I know I could use the support.

-------------

Posted By: girlkins
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 7:50am
I am having my own personal pilates tutor, i have started the exercise regime as recommended by my physio, i walk to school as often as i can aaaaand i am making the whole family healthy meals again (i got lazy for a while).  If that doesn't help with the arthritis and aid a bit of weight loss i will be most upset.

-------------
she sells sea shells on the sea shore

Posted By: PrincessAnna
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 12:17pm
I'm trying to lose a stone and a half by April, so i'm doing the wii fit and joining the gym, however I don't really know how to make changes to my diet as I don't tend to like healthy foods..at all. Any tips?

-------------
I'm not bad, i'm just drawn that way

Posted By: Girlgerm
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 12:50pm
Pretzels and walnuts instead of junk when i was bigger (YES possible) got me into a formal dress 2 times smaller when i was 18. Only had a month and a bit. Also oat so simple is filling. Also have your three meals and enjoy them. You want crisps? have a crisp sammich for lunch but not as a snack just dont eat any other junk unless you NEED to then have above mentioned snacks... Im going back onto this.

Posted By: Pannenlap
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 1:56pm
I'm trying to lose weight also, i don't set goals for it, because that only increases the pressure and then i tend to give up.

Don't really have a plan :P just continue hooping every day and stop eating unhealthy crap all the time.

Posted By: KillaD
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 2:14pm
Does it count that I am still continuing the same goals I've been achieving for last year?

-Lost approx. 17 pounds and kept it off.
- Do not drink soda often
- Quit smoking ( going on 3 months!)
And for THIS year I'd like to find a diet/exercise routine that actually works for me and I can keep up.
Wish me luck.

-------------

Posted By: Pannenlap
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 2:25pm
Good luck everybody: yes you can! ^_^

Posted By: 7upyours
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 2:39pm
Well I cant lose too much more weight or my doctor will be concerned that I am starving baby, but in early pregnancy I stopped drinking soda and high frutous corn syrup and lost 20 pounds in one month. no excersize or anything. I am slowly gaining that back but want to go walking when it stops raining and doing some easy excersizing so I can have a better body post pregnancy than I did pre :) lol.  or atleast get a better body with little excersizing.
getting food stamps now so it will be easier and cheaper to eat healthy :)
ooh and since pregnancy I quit smoking and I plan on sticking with that after pregnancy :D

my new years resolution though is to keep more organized and clean. I dont have a dirty place, just messy and cluttered. I plan on throwing a LOT of shit away. :) if I cant do that then my baby is fucked when it gets old enough to crawl around! >.<

-------------
believe nothing, no matter where you have read it, or who as said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense.
-buddha

Posted By: Tia.
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 3:19pm
I've never really been one for having a steady weight.

I was about 130lbs when I was in college, which was about 5 or 6 years ago now then i dropped to about 90lbs and my weight still yo yo's all over the place.

Over the last year though I have managed to keep my weight between 100 and 115lbs which is JUST within the ideal weight for my height.

I have never been one to watch what I eat in particular, but I don't think I eat that badly to be honest, grated I don't have my 5 a day very often, but I have a darn sight more than others =P
My diet has had to change a few times for various reasons over the years too, to try figure out allergies and/or things that irritated my digestive system when I ended up having to see the doctor about my weight being all over the place (nothing ever came of it).

-------------

Posted By: Rhuin
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 4:10pm
I don't want to loose weight, it'd be unhealthy for me to do so but I really need a healthier diet so I'm going to attempt to learn how to cook properly, rather than just have ready meals/sauces or chippys.

-------------
I choose my own way to burn

Posted By: linda
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 5:28pm
I would like to lose some weight but I don't need to, I'm not overweight just a bit on the chubby side.

It's going to be hard tho because I have to save on food a bit, my boyfriend doesn't have a steady income anymore so it'll be difficult to afford my daily ton of fresh veggies that I usually eat.... it'll have to be cheap sandwiches for lunch rather than avocados and organic tomatoes and shoots.

So, my goal is not to be more healthy or lose weight, but to save money. Unfortunately, those two are quite opposed to each other :-(

-------------
I talk too much.

Posted By: morgannn
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 10:53pm
A few months ago I tried exercising and changing my diet, not to lose weight, but to be healthy. Several types of cancer run in my family and I need to help myself as much as I can while it's still early. However now that its 2010 I'm really going to kick into gear. I need to stop eating dessert every day. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you meet your goal !

-------------
Morgannn.

Posted By: that1chick
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 11:15pm
I didn't make my resolution to lose weight... even though I am trying to... because it isn't concrete enough.

Instead, I made resolutions to work out at least 4 times a week, and to eat more vegetables (and less sweets!)

Good luck to all of us! :-D

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~124632.aspx">

Posted By: frosty172
Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 11:26pm
I am going to stop drinking booze this year. drinking has never really brought me much anyways so I'm going to stop all together this year.

maybe try being a vegetarian in the summer, but only to try for something like a week

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~144455.aspx">

Date Posted: January/04/2010 at 11:58pm
Well, with all these nutrition related goals... let me know (PM me) if anyone has a specific question. Whilst my own eating habits are far from healthy, i'm actually quite knowledgeable about nutrition.

-------------
"I get modified for the current trendy vanity worth, im a complete twat, one day all my piercings will be taken out anyway."-Kashina

Posted By: thesounknown
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 12:01am
I'm going to try to be more outgoing and meet new people even if it makes me feel uncomfortable.

The being healthier/loosing weight thing is a constant battle, not a resolution for me.

-------------
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.

Posted By: Kissadilla
Date Posted: January/05/2010 at 1:15am
I've lost 15 pounds since October. I weigh 120 now and I'm 5'6". I still want to lose 5 more, even though I'm borderline underweight as it is, lol. I went vegetarian and started exercising a lot more. I run 3.5 miles a day and do some yoga maybe 3x a week and belly dance 2x a week. I already disliked most unhealthy food and meat, so it was pretty easy for me.

Date Posted: January/08/2010 at 5:44am
I wish all of you the best of luck =]. It's been one week since I started my diet/exercise and I feel so much better about myself. I'm down 2 lbs now. I've been drinking a lot of water, cut out fast food and have been eating more vegetables and whole grains. I've been avoiding high fructose corn syrup and I've only had a couple sweets. I got a start on the 30-day challenge on the EA Sports Active for the Wii and I've been using the stair climber. I don't feel so sore anymore after I work out, and I feel energized when I wake up now, it's amazing =].

-------------

Date Posted: January/08/2010 at 5:45am
Originally posted by that1chick

I didn't make my resolution to lose weight... even though I am trying to... because it isn't concrete enough.

Instead, I made resolutions to work out at least 4 times a week, and to eat more vegetables (and less sweets!)

Good luck to all of us! :-D

Mini goals like that are good! =]

-------------

Posted By: ditadahmer
Date Posted: January/08/2010 at 6:31am
Originally posted by linda

I would like to lose some weight but I don't need to, I'm not overweight just a bit on the chubby side.

It's going to be hard tho because I have to save on food a bit, my boyfriend doesn't have a steady income anymore so it'll be difficult to afford my daily ton of fresh veggies that I usually eat.... it'll have to be cheap sandwiches for lunch rather than avocados and organic tomatoes and shoots.

So, my goal is not to be more healthy or lose weight, but to save money. Unfortunately, those two are quite opposed to each other :-(

I understand not having much money. But why not try cutting down on other expenses. I mean what is more important then keeping a healthy body?

Posted By: sapphirelazuli
Date Posted: January/08/2010 at 12:08pm
I'm also doing the weight loss thing. Seriously need to lose some :) Lost a stone and a bit before Christmas, but put 7lbs on over Christmas. Woops!

-------------
[ zara | 25 years old | scottish | body piercer ]

Posted By: linda
Date Posted: January/08/2010 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by ditadahmer

Originally posted by linda

I understand not having much money. But why not try cutting down on other expenses. I mean what is more important then keeping a healthy body?

Problem is that most of my money goes to food.
The most expensive foods are fresh vegetables, and good quality fish and meat. And I usually eat those foods most.
I'll just have to suck it up and eat more bread and potatoes (cheap but boring and not as nutricious).
I don't really spend much unnecessary money on anything else.

-------------
I talk too much.

Date Posted: January/09/2010 at 2:34am
I've started drinking meal replacement shakes every morning.
They're only 163 cal, but it's something, right? :)
It's difficult, but getting easier. Generally i don't eat until i get home from work at around 6pm. I'm kind of testing my body out a bit and taking it slow.

-------------

Posted By: AltheaRose
Date Posted: January/09/2010 at 4:07am
This year I'm losing another 20 pounds.
The only other "resolution" would be to save up money so I can get a place away from my insane family.

-------------

Date Posted: January/09/2010 at 4:07pm
Getting away from crazy family should be top priority.. just sayin'..

-------------

Posted By: scary_fairy
Date Posted: January/10/2010 at 5:02am
I'm going to really commit to losing some weight. I need to lose about a stone, but also need to really tone up, so i'll judge it more by aesthetics than the scales. I'm doing the wii fit, weights and outdoor exercise at the weekends, biking, walking etc.

My reward will be some really good ink - i'm saving up the money i don't spend on takeaways and crap to pay for it. So, yeah i really REALLY want this!

-------------
"Open your mind for a different view"
favourite line of lyric atm..

Posted By: LucieMay
Date Posted: January/10/2010 at 5:44pm
My son has a sticker reward chart for his teeth, I have one for my diet! It involves portion control, three meals a day and allows for treats and alcohol consumption (which I've descreasd). I devised it myself cause I find calorie counting too much of a pain in the arse and I am using common sense in what I am eatng. It will work as it keeps me motivated and helps me see at a glance what I've eaten all week. It's really a simplified version of the weight watchers points system or similar to a food diary.

I don't own scales as I don't like weighing myself. I went up a dress size last year from my usual 12 to 14 (UK sizes by the way!). When I fit in my size 12 jeans again, I'll be happy. Not bothered about getting any thinner as I would never maintain a smaller size.

Edit my other resolutions... well I got new red hair! And finally split for good with my horror of an ex on Friday! It was a ten month head fuck situation and although he has hurt me very profoundly, I'm determined to move on from him.

-------------
Caustic blonde.

Posted By: Keiran1980
Date Posted: January/10/2010 at 7:15pm
I just realised that as well as being healther in 2010 I want to be happier. I spent far too much of 2009 being sad, and I do not want 2010 to be the same. I am starting to plan for what will make me a happier Keiran and part of that is some more piercings and some serious tattooing :D

-------------
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson

Date Posted: January/19/2010 at 2:27am
I'm down almost 6 pounds total, woot =]. 

-------------

Posted By: xoerinxo
Date Posted: January/20/2010 at 12:42pm
my new years resolution last year was to lose weight. i was around 130 (I'm 5'1 and small) and i went off my birth control, started working out, playing soccer, biking, and eating better, and by the fall Im back at 110 and around my old size 0-2!
this year I plan to maintain it!
so I hope you reach your goal! great to see youre doing good already!

Date Posted: January/20/2010 at 6:31pm
^
Damn youz skinny!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window