Print Page | Close Window

Abortions?

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: General Chit-Chat
Forum Name: General Talk About Anything
Forum Discription: Talk about anything your little modded heart desires!
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19003
Printed Date: June/25/2022 at 6:09am

Topic: Abortions?
Posted By: twisted666
Subject: Abortions?
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 6:26am
Out of curiosity I guess, I wondered what the opinion was on abortion in all the different counties we live in. I know it's different between individuals but what about the majority? Just seeing docos with hardcore Christians got me thinking. I don't want this to start any arguments, but it's interesting from a sociology point of view. In Australia it's widely accepted as a womans choice except by strongly religious people and those with very high morals

Replies:
Posted By: xjessiex
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 7:57am

I wouldn't say I don't have high morals just cos I'm pro choice;)

I'm thankful we have the choice here, but I think it would have to be an extreme case for me^ to personally ever to go through with one

-------------
"I can't stand TV before breakfast."

"Dial 888…The desire to watch TV, no matter what's on it."

Posted By: Amplexus
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 8:23am
I doubt I'd ever have one, but I'm strongly pro choice.

-------------
Glimmi says: But yeah theres that old saying you can't judge a book by it's cover, cause it could have like 60 piercings in it's cock......Well that's not how the saying actually goes but you get my point.

Posted By: ihaveonlyme
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 9:24am
Where I live is a very mixed town. I believe we have about 106,000 people and we're just about 50/50 on every matter. The most I've seen about abortion was downtown. There was a small group of people with pro-life signs.

-------------
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.

Posted By: lizee1116
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 9:29am
Pro Choice here, however the clinics where abortions can be done are far between.

Posted By: JClaude
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 10:02am
Ultimately I believe that if there are no risks for the woman or baby's health, abortion should not be allowed (exception for rape I think).
If you dont want to have to go through a pregnancy, hold a quarter between your knees or buy a dildo, have anal sex or whatever.... Some woman might say "oh but like that I will/can never have sex unless I really want a baby because there is always a risk" , so????
Well some can say, well I took the pill, had a sponge, a diaphragm, he had a condom and I still got pregnant, though shit, not doing it was also option!
Nothing in life is free and if you can't handle the consequences dont get in the situations in the first place. No one "needs" sex that bad they can completely disregard possible consequences. I am not saying not to have sex, just be ready that there might be said consequences.
There is just too much of a culture of poeple not wanting to be held accountable for their mistakes, they either want an easy way out or blame someone else.

-------------
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!

Posted By: saaaaan
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 10:11am
My body, my fetus, if I want to kill it, then I will.
If the condom breaks, birth control fails, I am not having that kid.
I fucking HATE kids. Not an option. Not carrying something for 9 months to get rid of it.
Oh, JClaude, so someone should be held accountable by their mistakes by having an unwanted child? Nice thought process there...

Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 10:17am
The option is... DONT FUCK then!
Yes, people should be held accountable for their mistake, if not, what a fucking world we live in??
So, your in the crosswalk, I am driving my car and by mistake a hit the gas instead of the break and ran you over, mangle you really nice, should I just go along and continue to go the mall buy me some ice cream? or should I be held accountable with an "unwanted" trip to jail?
yeah, THAT is a nice though process.

Originally posted by saaaaan

My body, my fetus, if I want to kill it, then I will.
If the condom breaks, birth control fails, I am not having that kid.
I fucking HATE kids. Not an option. Not carrying something for 9 months to get rid of it.
Oh, JClaude, so someone should be held accountable by their mistakes by having an unwanted child? Nice thought process there...

-------------
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Posted By: crystoth
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 10:52am
Neither myself or my partner want children and I'm 100% pro choice. However, if I was to accidentally fall pregnant (although the likelihood is very very slim due to a combination of biological factors and anally retentive birth control) I would choose to go through with the pregnancy. Because I know that child, even though originally unwanted, would grow up in an environment where it would receive nothing but love... until we kick it out at the age of 18 (I kid, I kid).

I guess, in short, I'm pro choice and choose life

-------------
Psyren Design

Posted By: Veoto
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 11:03am
Hmm.. I'm going to just state that I'm pro choice, no matter the circumstances and leave it at that. Once I get any deeper into this conversation it tends to end in a pissing contest..

Posted By: that1chick
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 11:04am
Personally, I am pro-choice.

And I think if abortion were made completely illegal in the U.S., there would be a skyrocketing number of cases of

A) Back alley abortions leading to injury, infection, and infertility.

B) Abandoned children.

C) Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

D) In utero drug addiction.

E) Untreated postpartum depression.

Ect.

In short, I think it's more dangerous to outlaw the procedure than it is to allow it, despite the fact that I could never do it.

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~124632.aspx">

Posted By: zobro
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 11:17am
Pro-choice.

There's a decent chance that my fiance is infertile, and even if he isn't, there's also a strong chance that our child would have some serious issues.

Should we ever get the urge to raise a child, we'd adopt.  There's a lot of kids out there who need a family.

Posted By: freakychild
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 11:26am
i'll refrain from making a pro-life or pro-choice statement simply because i am not sure of my own feelings on the subject of abortion.

the only thing i will say for sure is that i have no qualms in stating that i support the idea of abortion if the life or safety of the mother is in danger or if the fetus carries with it a severely harmful or deadly defect...

-------------
http://www.helltrash.com">

Posted By: heatherfeather
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 2:28pm
I am Pro-choice, but I wish there wasn't a need for abortions and I wish they didn't exist, but I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Posted By: pierced_celt
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 2:28pm
Pro-choice.

Abortion is illegal here and forces women to go to the UK for it. its a womans body and her (along with the fathers) choice to keep the fetus.

Along with that im against anything that allows goverrnments/religions/other arseholes to dictate to anyone what they can and cannot do to their own bodies.

Posted By: ZombiePhlegm
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by JClaude

Yes, people should be held accountable for their mistake, if not, what a fucking world we live in??
So, your in the crosswalk, I am driving my car and by mistake a hit the gas instead of the break and ran you over, mangle you really nice, should I just go along and continue to go the mall buy me some ice cream? or should I be held accountable with an "unwanted" trip to jail?

the situations are different.

Your actions not only affect you but the feotus and later the child, if a child is born unwanted and continues to be unwanted then the child is being punished for someone elses mistake.

Children shouldn't be used as a punishment for people that get pregnant.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: thesounknown
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 2:44pm
I am very pro-choice.  Biggest reason is because people are going to do it anyway, might as well give them a safe option.
Not to mention I don't believe its murder and it is a woman's choice on whether or not to go through with it.

-------------
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.

Posted By: standingtyping
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 2:44pm
"abortion on demand and without apology"

"if you can't trust me with a choice how are you going to trust me with a child?"

yes, bumper sticker slogans just summed it up for me.

-------------
"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."

Posted By: vivaXhate
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 2:52pm
Pro-Abortion. Pro-Death. Anti-Breeding. Firmly against the propogation of this vile fucking species that's slowly making this earth uninhabitable.

That said, I love children and there is a part of me that would probably love having kids. I don't think it's anything I would actively choose to do, but if I was in a steady relationship and my girl got pregnant and wanted to keep it, I'd totally support her.

I'm hard-line, but I'm not an inhuman jackass.

If most people are happy to allow animals that feel fear and pain to be butchered, I don't see why people would get so upset about vacuuming up an unborn, unthinking, half-formed critter.

To answer the original question: The UK is generally pro-choice I think. It's legal here.

-------------
Love is a bleeding infection.

Posted By: metalbabe
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 3:25pm
pro-choice. although i wouldn't wish anyone to have to go through it.

it is illegal here.

-------------

Perplexing people since 1986

Posted By: Calem
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 3:27pm
I'm pro choice but I'm also pro-info to make it a little more known that an abortion can have massive mental impact on women. Maybe that would bring some people to be a little more careful to avoid having to have one in the first place...

-------------

Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by ZombiePhlegm

Your actions not only affect you but the feotus and later the child, if a child is born unwanted and continues to be unwanted then the child is being punished for someone elses mistake.

It doesn't have to be a punishment, there are so many good people desperate to adopt a child that would gladly adopt a new born unwanted by his parents.

-------------
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 3:39pm

It doesn't have to be a punishment, there are so many good people desperate to adopt a child that would gladly adopt a new born unwanted by his parents.

I can definatly agree with this. I don't wish to ever get a woman pregnant. If I ever want to have children I will adopt.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: saaaaan
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 4:30pm
Children shouldn't be a punishment, thank you! That is not fair to the child or the parents!
If the healthcare system would allow it, I'd get a hysterectomy, or my tubes tied (and yes, you can get pregnant after getting your tubes tied, someone my mom works with ended up in that predicament)
For now, I'm NOT fucking anyone, but sex is a natural part of life anyways.
How many animals eat their young?

Posted By: Cale
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 4:43pm
It's rare to become pregnant after a tubal ligation. It's possible they didn't do a good job.

Personally, I'm pro-choice. Do whatever makes you happy.

-------------
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
http://www.facebook.com/piercingbymisscale - facebook.

Posted By: AmberLyn
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 5:08pm
Pro-choice, I have never gotten one but a family member of mine did after something terrible happened.

-------------

Posted By: FeetyPajamas
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 6:05pm
I'm a bit torn. I guess I'm pro-choice. But moreso if it's a desperate situation. Like, rape or something. I've always believed that the lil thumbnail size critter in a woman is already a human, and doesn't deserve to be 'murdered'.  Maybe saying that I'm anti "using abortion as birth control" would be better phrasing? I don't know. It's something that I personally would never do, and I believe that adoption is a much better option. Yet I also feel that 'to each their own'. I'm not going to look down on someone who has had one, but I don't have to like it either.  *shrug* 

-------------

"Just lil ol' me. one lonely nipple"

Posted By: CheapPerfume
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 6:43pm
I'm pro choice. I don't think that it's anyone's call what a mother does with her unborn fetus, besides hers. If a woman conceives a fetus, and doesn't want the baby, I think she should have all the options available to her to safely remove it from her care, whether that be abortion or adoption. I would not want to go through nine months of hell on my body just to dump it off on someone else. I also feel, though, that to "deserve" to get an abortion, people should be responsible about sex. If you're having sex, take the precautions to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. I'm not going to deny someone the ability to correct an accident though. Sometimes you don't realize the condom breaks. Should you really be punished for that? Not in my opinion.

Personally, I don't want children. Ever. For now, I use birth control. When the doctors decide I'm able, I will be getting my tubes tied or a hysterectomy ASAP.

Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 7:01pm
It's surprising that it's illegal in some countries, I guess I'm used to Australian views

Posted By: Taveon
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 8:20pm

I'm personally conflicted, at first my views go towards Pro-choice because it should be the woman's decision not some old male legislators on the other hand if it's universally accepted there's going to be a little less responsibility in the...irresponsible there will be alot of teenage girls saying "It's ok, if I get pregnant I can always get an abortion"  I'm not saying at all that everyone that gets an abortion is just some immature teen that didn't want to try because there's obviously alot of unfortunate situations where Pro-choice would be the glimmer of hope in an otherwise dime situation...but if everyone in the country HAD to vote either Pro-choice or Pro-life I'd have to go for the former. 

Posted By: ihaveonlyme
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 9:02pm
I'm pro-choice. Most places won't let women get a hysterectomy under they've had one child or are 30 years old. Shit happens as well. If you find out you're pregnant you have 3 options. Keep the child for yourself and hopefully you are able to support yourself along with the child. Have an abortion. Or put it up for adoption along with the other kids that are waiting to be adopted. 

-------------
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.

Posted By: Lau_ren
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 10:04pm

Personatlly I don't ever see myself getting one in any situation; then again I can't really know untill I get pregnant. I'm pro choice as long as it's not just for birth control...other forms of contraceptives are cheaper/safer, use them first. 

Posted By: merrry
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 11:34pm
I feel if there was safe and adequate birth control available the need for abortions would go way down. Abortion is (fortunately) still legal here.

I've never had an abortion, and I feel there are very few "real" reasons for having one. That said, if a woman "chooses" to abort, she should at least have the common sense to avoid getting pregnant again. There's no excuse for women to have 2 or more abortions unless they're just STUPID!

-------------
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!

Posted By: anathematized_1
Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 11:35pm
Personally, I am pro-choice.  I have some complicated feelings about it though.

While the father of the child doesn't actually have to carry it for 9 months or breast feed it after that for however long, I still think his opinions should be CONSIDERED (though not enforced).

I also think anyone choosing abortion should have to take mandatory counseling sessions where they learn, in an unbiased environment, about the abortion process and what it may or may not do to a woman who has it.  They should also teach what other options there are and help them weigh out the costs and benefits of the different options.

For example, "one option would be to carry the child to term, then give it up for adoption at birth."  They can't stop there though, then they have to explain that "some women who initially didn't want their child suddenly become attached after the birth and no longer want to give the child up for adoption.  Sometimes this is alright, but in other times, it is not in the best interest of the child."

The counseling needs to prepare them on how to figure out if abortion is right for them or not.  Then it also needs to prepare the ones who still choose abortion for some of the psychological effects of having an abortion that MIGHT occur, as well as how to deal with any of these.

That's just an example.  I also think that part of the counseling should include a lecture on birth control - because if they're thinking about abortion, they didn't want a child in the first place/at the time, and a lot of them could have been prevented (obviously this wouldn't apply to rape victims).  It could even discuss options to help safeguard against contraceptive failure.  For example, when I am having sex with somebody, I make them get one some form of birth control (the pill, the clipy-thingy, patches, shots, whatever) and then on top of that I also wear a condom, and I only wear Trojan condoms with spermicide (pending they're not allergic).  I mean, that may be overkill, but what if the condom actually does break?  Well shit, they're on birth control, looks like back up plan B was so worth it.

Also one last thing (please nobody be offended by this):

-------------
Sardonicus - http://sardonicmisanthropia.wordpress.com/ - Sardonic Misanthropia

Fuck you t('.'t)

Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by merrry

I feel if there was safe and adequate birth control available the need for abortions would go way down. Abortion is (fortunately) still legal here.

I've never had an abortion, and I feel there are very few "real" reasons for having one. That said, if a woman "chooses" to abort, she should at least have the common sense to avoid getting pregnant again. There's no excuse for women to have 2 or more abortions unless they're just STUPID!

I totally agree with you, but for different reasons.

Obviously rape victims should get abortions (in my opinion, for free, or paid for by the perp if he's caught).

For others, who were just too stupid/lazy/whoreish to use some form of contraception, I thought that they shouldn't be allowed to get abortions.  I thought that them having to care for a child would be the ultimate punishment for their stupidity.

However, then I thought about it and was like, really?  This bitch didn't want the kid in the first place, now since she's not allowed to abort, she's really not going to want it.  She isn't going to give it the love and care it deserves, and no child deserves that.

So I kind of dropped my stance on that.  Besides, children are like a cancer, abortion is just knocking it out while it's still benign, before it grows malignant and eats you alive.

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by anathematized_1

I also wear a condom, and I only wear Trojan condoms with spermicide (pending they're not allergic). 

I'm HIGHLY allergic to nonoxonyl-9 (spermicide most often used in condoms) Good thing I can't get pregnant!

-------------
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!

Date Posted: August/08/2010 at 11:49pm

I also wear a condom, and I only wear Trojan condoms with spermicide (pending they're not allergic). 

I'm HIGHLY allergic to nonoxonyl-9 (spermicide most often used in condoms) Good thing I can't get pregnant!

Well you see, as one who NEVER wants children and KNOWS he NEVER will EVER want children, I tried (several times, in several states) to get a vasectomy.

I got turned down by 20-something doctors I think?  Turned down because I don't already have kids and I'm not 35+ years old.

Total bullshit.  That pisses me off MAJORLY!  I'll need another 12 years before I can actually get it done and then I can proudly display my Golden Snip award on all my websites.

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Posted By: Jezzibelle
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 1:12am
 I'm pro-choice in that I think every woman should have the option.
 That being said, it is not something I would choose for myself.

Posted By: DeaOfScelestus
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 1:23am
Pro-choice all the way. But I wouldn't be able to do it myself... I'm just grateful for the option.

-------------
Photobucket

Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 2:24am

Well you see, as one who NEVER wants children and KNOWS he NEVER will EVER want children, I tried (several times, in several states) to get a vasectomy.

I got turned down by 20-something doctors I think?  Turned down because I don't already have kids and I'm not 35+ years old.

Total bullshit.  That pisses me off MAJORLY!  I'll need another 12 years before I can actually get it done and then I can proudly display my Golden Snip award on all my websites.

A friend of mine (22 y/o) got a vasectomy iin California last year. I'll check to find out how he managed it

-------------

Posted By: Aya McCabre
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 3:21am
Pro choice, even though I could never do it myself. banning abortion does more harm than good and, like it or not, there are some situations where children are maybe better off not being born. Abortion doesn't go away when you ban it, it just goes underground..... it's better for everyone if it's safe and accessible. 

-------------
Time is on my side she said.
He may be on your side I said, but it makes no difference in the end,
He's coming after you my friend.......

Posted By: femmefatalee
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 10:46am
completely pro-choice BUT in the UK the cut off point for abortions is up to 24 weeks.. that is too far gone.
the main argument people are having is whether a baby can feel pain that early, i don't know if they do, but with todays healthcare, premature babies at 24 weeks can survive, and to have a baby aborted at the same stage as a premature baby can survive, is wrong.

in my opinion i think the cut off point should be 12-16 weeks.

-------------
its feels good to know your mine.

now drive me far away.

Posted By: freckled20
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 12:13pm
Pro Choice. And that's how I'll leave it :)

-------------
Don't judge me monkey...

Posted By: randy flagg
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 3:15pm
Pro choice, pro suicide, anti human.

We can only hope the whole human race comes to an end in 2012.

I only hope I live long enough to see most of the planet wiped out first.

One of the reasons I love piercing so much is because I get to hurt to people.  Ohh, how I like that.

I fucking hate people.

Abortions for all!!!

-------------
Violence with grace...

Posted By: Eui1337
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 4:55pm
as some other people have said i think we should educate people on how to not get pregnant if they don't want to BEFORE they have to consider abortions. i mean. have some common sense. don't want to get pregnant? take some precaution before you are! yay for brain power!

I always like to read the Pro-life signs and literature about how if abortion was legal we would all be forced to have them. lol or how it's killing lives. to me it's only alive and considered a human once the umbilical cord is cut. at any other point it is a parasite to me. a fetus =/= a baby.

but i think it's a necessary option in some cases, (like for rape victims or for women who's lives are in danger because of being pregnant) and the absolute last option for everyone else.

Though i am pro-choice, i doubt i would ever get pregnant in the first place because i have so many health problems i doubt i could survive a pregnancy. so i have already decided that i'm adopting if i ever want kids in the future.

-------------
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh

Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Eui1337

to me it's only alive and considered a human once the umbilical cord is cut. at any other point it is a parasite to me. a fetus =/= a baby.

I agree most definitely with this, mostly.

I mean 1.  if it has to be born in an emergency and there is no way in hell it can survive on it's own - it's not murder and is a part of the mother's body.

Obviously one week before the due date, the baby can be born and survive with minimal (if any) help, so it IS alive.

I mean look at the definition of life

Originally posted by Dictionary.com

Life

--noun

1. the condition that distinguishes organisms frominorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growththrough metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation toenvironment through changes originating internally.
  2. the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, esp. metabolism,growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.

If the fetus has it's own metabolism (key feature), growth (parts of your body still have growth so going back to metabolism), bla bla bla.  GROWTH BY METABOLISM!  At what point does a fetus have it's own metabolism?  That's when I say it's no longer a part of the mother and an actual living organism and it's too late for an abortion.

I mean, that logically makes sense to me, and so far, I have not seen anyone else offer up any logical points to this shit (I don't mean here, I mean anyone who argues both pro-life and pro-choice).

I mean, HELLO!  Why hasn't anyone (as far as I know) said this before?

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 6:21pm

A friend of mine (22 y/o) got a vasectomy iin California last year. I'll check to find out how he managed it

Definitely find out, because I want one before it's too late.

I can't get a doctor to sign a document that states that I attempted to get a vasectomy and he/she denied giving me one so in the event that birth control fails and I get a bitch preggo, the doctor assumes FULL responsibility for the bastard child I never wanted to create.

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 6:26pm
I have this really good way of not getting girls pregnant. I call it "hating all intimacy and physical contact".

It's worked pretty well for me so far.

I have sex in long term relationships, but there is normally at least two forms of ontraception involved. I would love to get snipped.

-------------

Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by vivaXhate

I have this really good way of not getting girls pregnant. I call it "hating all intimacy and physical contact".

It's worked pretty well for me so far.

I have sex in long term relationships, but there is normally at least two forms of ontraception involved. I would love to get snipped.

I would love to get snipped too, because paying for both birth control (pills/shots/whatever) + paying for a sponge + paying for a condom is EXPENSIVE as FUCK.

God damn doctors won't just take FREE FUCKING MONEY for what amounts to a what, 20 minutes of work?  I mean shit, I am going into the doctor tomorrow and being like, "I'm 45 and I have 10 kids, now give me a vasectomy."

It's almost to the point where I want to save up and go ahead and get my trans-scrotal piercing and tell the body-mod guy that when he is putting in my prosthetic right testicle and doing the TSP, to "accidentally" snip-snip my vans and tie it off and burn it and there would be an extra $500 in it for him as a tip.

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Posted By: tattooedtrish
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 7:03pm
Pro choice. I absolutely hate children, they annoy the shit out of me. Everytime I hear one of the screaming little brats at work at 2am I wish my gun was with me so I could get rid of the problem. I also don't want an STD (yes.. I call kids STDs) like that fucking up my body.
If it were up to me I'd of gotten my tubes tied when I was old enough to even know what it was, but since I'm not 40 with 20 kids, that's not an option because of the stupid doctors.
I'm not going to abstain from sex either.. I enjoy it too much.  At the same time, I am in a long-term relationship and don't sleep around. I have had bad side effects from every birth control I've tried, or I forget to take the stupid pills.. I am saving up for an IUD, and don't like condoms. The pull-out method has worked fine for me.

-------------
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by tattooedtrish

The pull-out method has worked fine for me.
You know semen is secreted throughout the entire time the penis is erect, right? I mean, not in volume, but it only takes one strong swimmer.

-------------

Posted By: xevious
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 8:11pm

believe me, it isn't a good choice for contraceptive.

-------------
I have titties.

Posted By: lillboooo
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 8:23pm
Pro choice. Especially for younger women, babies can't raise babies and accidents do happen.

Plus, I don't know about other places but here you can donate the aborted fetus to stem cell research.

Posted By: freakychild
Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by lillboooo

Plus, I don't know about other places but here you can donate the aborted fetus to stem cell research.

fetal stem cell research is banned in america due to issues that apparently negate the separation of church and state flag that the federal government flies whenever it's convenient to have a scapegoat on why some things are allowed and some things are banned...

edited to add clarification...

in the USA
embryos cannot be created for the specific purpose to create fetal stem cells, however a 'naturally' aborted fetus can be donated for such research... meaning, a miscarriage must be had beforehand...

and, ya know... last time i checked, no one miscarries in such a convenient way as to be in the direct contact of technicians to collect their samples...

so, effectively, embryonic and fetal stem cell research in the US is all but at a stalemate...

-------------
http://www.helltrash.com">

Date Posted: August/09/2010 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by freakychild

Originally posted by lillboooo

fetal stem cell research is banned in america due to issues that apparently negate the separation of church and state flag that the federal government flies whenever it's convenient to have a scapegoat on why some things are allowed and some things are banned...

edited to add clarification...

in the USA
embryos cannot be created for the specific purpose to create fetal stem cells, however a 'naturally' aborted fetus can be donated for such research... meaning, a miscarriage must be had beforehand...

and, ya know... last time i checked, no one miscarries in such a convenient way as to be in the direct contact of technicians to collect their samples...

so, effectively, embryonic and fetal stem cell research in the US is all but at a stalemate...

i always thought that was kind of stupid. it's not like anybody else is going to be using them for anything, why not put them to good use?

-------------
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh

Posted By: flutegoddess
Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 12:35am
I'd never have one, but I think they should be legal. I heard an argument in a poly sci class that I wish I could take credit for. Some fundamentalist Christian was preaching about how abortion is murder and someone said "If your church was doing its job there wouldn't be a need for abortions" said christian sputtered for a minute. I believe that a fetus is a life from the minute its conceived, but its not my right to push that on anyone else.

-------------

Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 2:23am
Originally posted by femmefatalee

completely pro-choice BUT in the UK the cut off point for abortions is up to 24 weeks.. that is too far gone.
the main argument people are having is whether a baby can feel pain that early, i don't know if they do, but with todays healthcare, premature babies at 24 weeks can survive, and to have a baby aborted at the same stage as a premature baby can survive, is wrong.

in my opinion i think the cut off point should be 12-16 weeks.

my step father had the huntingtons gene, and when my mum had the test to see whether my youngest brother and sister had the gene (and it was found to be present in both when they were still in the uterus), she was pressured by the huntingtons society to abort, even though she was 6 months in with my sister...my mum told them to go fuck themselves.

the argument is that the only way to rid the world of huntingtons is to abort any fetus with the gene present (they obviously don't know whether it's going to be active or not)...this is ultimately the woman's choice but my mum still worries to this day that she was told to abort so far into the pregnancy when the child would be born healthy... certainly an ethical debate though, knowing that when your child grows older you may have to become their full time carer as they become degenerate...:/

-------------

Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 2:42am
I got pregnant, but now I'm alright.  Got some bed rest, drank plenty of fluids and I got right over that.

I had AIDS once too, that took a little longer to get over.

Originally posted by vivaXhate

You know semen is secreted throughout the entire time the penis is erect, right? I mean, not in volume, but it only takes one strong swimmer.

Not mine, I cum blood.

(Does air guitar and makes the guitar noises with his mouth for the Cannibal Corpse song of the same name.)

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Posted By: Aya McCabre
Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 3:09am
On the fetal stem cell thing, it really shouldn't be banned. Sorry, slightly off topic, but it is entirely possible to have a babies placenta frozen so that later in life they can have stem cell therapy with their own frozen stem cells...... no one has to die. And why not donate an aborted fetus? The problem people had with it here was that a fetus would be created specifically to be aborted and harvisted....... that's not an issue with real world abortions. Waste not......

-------------
Time is on my side she said.
He may be on your side I said, but it makes no difference in the end,
He's coming after you my friend.......

Posted By: Euphoric
Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 3:14am

Okay, I skipped a lot of the posts because I read thsi and I HAVE TO REPLY.

Read if you want a good story about how ADOPTION really works.

Now let me tell you. I was born to a mother who was dependent on a man who physically beat her, and yes, there was NO choice to escape. It isn't as "easy" as it sounds. It became "Easy" when he pulled a gun on her in public and held it to her head at 6 months of pregnancy and was put into police protection.

Now, would I have wanted my mother to get an abortion of me? No. But I also believe I would have existed somewhere else. But that is another story.

Howeve, lets move on. I am four years old. My mother and I, desptie her working full time, are so poor we live on complete goverment aid. My mother is also and addict and alcholic, and as you might have guessed, I don't live in the greatest conditons.  

My mother got pregnant because being an emotional case, she "fell in love" with a guy who was already taken and abusive.

My mother had an abortion after a rape when she was 18 (She was 28 when she had me) and couldn't go through it again.

So, when I was four, my mother decided to give the baby up for adoption.

I sat there from ages 4-5 and watched my mothers stomach grow. I knew what was going on. I knew I had a SISTER. Then she was born. I didn't get to see her. She went to a happy couple who were friends with my mother through the church that helped us. I never saw her.

Think it is sad now? Just wait.

I am going to tell you guys something I rarely tell anyone because of how private it is..but sometimes in times like this..i feel it is NEEDED to understand adoption.

There isn't a day that goes by my mother doesn't think about her. She cries almost weekly, after 16 years. It was daily for years. She sends her money on her birthday, christmas, ect, every year.

I also think about her. A lot. When my step brother was born six years later, it was almost tramatic for me because I thought they were going to take him away. Then, he was in ICU because of underdeveloped lungs and I thought for sure, in my 10 year old mind I thought they had taken my brother away for the three months he was in ICU.

To this day it is extremley painful.

Now to my sister. She went into a "good family" but when she 8 the mother died, and the father became an alcholic and abusive. She is now living with her grandparents (and does now she is adopted and can reach out to my mother and I but haven't)

She did say in the letter she wrote to my mom, finding out she was adopted was extremley painful.

Now, I am not saying that I would wanted her aborted..that is where it gets tricky..but adoption isn't shits and giggles.

Most children DON'T GET ADOPTED and get put into homes. Oh I beleive that last statistic was 76% end up in homes until they are adults. And do I have to tell anyone how bad homes are? (As I lived in one for 3 months) Overcroweded? Poor living conditions? High crime rate? Low high school graduation?

So "Adoption" IS NOT A REALISTIC OPTION.

Just saying. Now I need a fucking drink.

-------------
If I got a dollar for every time I repented the sin then committed the same crime, I'd be standing on top of the world today...

Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 3:34am
I wish I would have seen that post about adoption.

Trust me, what she says is true.  Being a mental patient, I've lived in group homes before and I honestly can say that I would rather be in prison than live in a group home.

It's even worse for these un-adopted kids that go to group homes.  They don't get real parenting, they don't learn about the real world.  Group homes are dangerous.  There is a FUCK load of violence and rape in them.

Most of the time the staff is all volunteer, these group homes get little, if any, money from the government or from donations.  I mean fuck, what are you going to do, charge somebody rent money to live there that is being put there by the government when they are disabled and can't work (or in this case are too young to work) and have no family members to pay their rent?

The living conditions in group homes is just barely above a fucking third-world country.

Disease also runs rampant in group homes like the ones for these un-adopted children and the mentally ill because none of them have any health care options - no insurance, no money, shit they're lucky if there is a free clinic nearby.

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Posted By: hellodave
Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 5:26am
I am strongly pro-choice, but I think it would have to take a very extreme set of circumstances for me to put my own body through it.
However, I think the laws in the UK need to change. I think the limit should be reduced from 24 weeks to 20 because of how developed the baby is at that point. Also, if the baby is going to be born with a severe mental or physical disability, the time limit doesn't apply and an abortion can be legally performed at any time until delivery, which I happen to think is fucked...

-------------
"Drink plenty of whisky and you'll live as long as me!" - Frank Smith, 1910-2006.

Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 7:21am
I think the abortion limit should be extended to 25 years old.

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Posted By: jim01
Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 8:10am
 yes i think abortion should be legal and here is why no one should have to go through what my daughter went through in 2003 she was pregnant she got sick and went to the hospital were she was told she had preeclampsia they said they needed to sent her to a hospital over 100 miles from home because it was a better hospital to treat her real reason was (no insurance) when i got there they said she was in very bad shape she was 120 pounds at this time when i got to go in and see her it look like she was 350 pounds she was 1 week to for along for and abortion she would have to deliver the baby after 28hrs they told us the baby's lungs were not developed enough to live they still would not take the baby and that my daughter could die from complicaions she laid for 24 more hours and kept swelling up the baby's heart stopped beating and they still would not take the baby after 60 something hrs. they induced labor then after another 12hrs she delivered a stillborn baby because of a very stupid law i still lost a grand daughter and my daughter dam near died from all of this happing she will never have a childern now she's afraid to have childern because they said this could happen again and the only grandchild i will have from her is one that i will never get to hold are see grow up so yes you should be able to have and abortion at any time. my(angle tattoo) is for my grand draughter

Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 9:51am
I do agree that abortion should be allowed at any time if the mother's life is in danger, which it is in the UK. I just think that having no time limit on disabled babies, but not others is wrong.

-------------
"Drink plenty of whisky and you'll live as long as me!" - Frank Smith, 1910-2006.

Posted By: CheapPerfume
Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 11:35am
One thing that really irritates me is much of the "pro-life" propaganda. They show fetuses that are X weeks along, but label the photo with a caption that says that "this is a fetus at Y weeks" or something. When in reality, a fetus at Y weeks looks like a pea. So they effectively scare people into thinking that they're murdering a basically fully grown fetus when in reality it's just a blob of cells.

(Let X > Y )

Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 2:20pm
Have you seen some of the top arguments Pro-Lifer's make?

This one I am going to put separate as it's not in the list I found:

"You could be killing the next Einstein!"
My retort is always, "yeah, and we could be killing the next Hitler."

Anyway:
Originally posted by About.com

Pro-Life

1. Since life begins at conception, abortion is akin to murder as it is the act of taking human life. Abortion is in direct defiance of the commonly accepted idea of the sanctity of human life
  2. No civilized society permits one human to intentionally harm or take the life of another human without punishment, and abortion is no different.

3. Adoption is a viable alternative to abortion and accomplishes the same result. And with 1.5 million American families wanting to adopt a child, there is no such thing as an unwanted child.

4. An abortion can result in medical complications later in life; the risk of http://womensissues.about.com/od/womensbodiesminds/f/ectopicpreg.htm - ectopic pregnancies doubles, and the chance of a miscarriage and http://womensissues.about.com/od/womensbodiesminds/f/pelvicinflamdis.htm - pelvic inflammatory disease also increases.

5. In the instance of rape and incest, proper medical care can ensure that a woman will not get pregnant. Abortion punishes the unborn child who committed no crime; instead, it is the perpetrator who should be punished.

6. Abortion should not be used as another form of contraception.

7. For women who demand complete control of their body, control should include preventing the risk of unwanted pregnancy through the responsible use of contraception or, if that is not possible, through abstinence.

8. Many Americans who pay taxes are opposed to abortion, therefore it's morally wrong to use tax dollars to fund abortion.

9. Those who choose abortions are often minors or young women with insufficient life experience to understand fully what they are doing. Many have lifelong regrets afterwards.

10. Abortion frequently causes intense psychological pain and stress

Yeah well, what I've got to say is:
  1. Not everyone agrees that life begins at conception.  Yes, the cells are alive, but they don't fit the definition of a separate living entity.  They do not have their own metabolism (they do have a cellular metabolism, but as a being no metabolism, which involves consumption, digestion/absorption, expelling of waste, turning what is ingested into fuel for the body).  The metabolism of the ZYGOTE (not fetus) depends ENTIRELY on that of the mother and does not have it's own metabolism and therefore is not alive to begin with at conception.  Arguably, live begins somewhere around the 20th-24th week of pregnancy.  Also, it is not "murder" as murder is A KILLING THAT IS EXPLICITLY STATED BY LAW TO BE FORBIDDEN.  By this loose definition of murder they take, then killing a cancerous tumor (a living thing) is also murder.
  2. See above.
  3. Actually Euphoric and I talked about this earlier, go read those posts and you'll see that adoption is not a viable option.  There IS a such thing as an unwanted child as many of them don't ever get adopted.
  4. While this I know to be true, I honestly don't know that the risk actually DOUBLES.  I just know that I personally have known or heard of people who had abortions before and then had no complications ever again.  Then again, I've not known very many people who've had abortions, so I can't comment on this really.
  5. Often times in the cases of rape, proper medical care cannot arrive in time.  Many rape victims are left beaten and unconscious or are so emotionally scarred by the highly traumatic event that they can't get themselves to the hospital on time.  Even then, probably an estimated 1/3 of all rape goes unreported.
  6. This I agree with, to a point.  Now, sometimes mistakes happen, bla bla bla, everything we've already talked about.  But the most important thing is to think of the life of the child.  Do you really want them to be born into a world where there (potentially) is no father, and the mother (or both parents) don't give a fuck about the child?  That they don't (or can't) take proper care of it?  Where it may end up in a foster home?  Etc.
  7. Abstinence for one, is a complete joke unless you're an 1800's puritan or fanatical religious nut.  Sex has been proven to be extremely healthy for you, much more so than masturbation.  Though I do agree, you should be responsible and use contraception, but again, contraception is NOT 100% effective.  Personally, I wouldn't even trust it if the woman had a hysterectomy and I had a vasectomy and we were having sex.  That's just me though and how much I REALLY don't want kids.
  8. Uh, many does not equal majority for one.  I'm pretty sure the majority is FOR abortion for one, and in this country, the MAJORITY rules.  Now, and somebody please educate me on this, but where in the fuck are tax dollars being used to fund abortions and abortion clinics?  What few people I've ever known who had an abortion all had to pay for it, with their own money.
  9. Hence why I earlier said that everyone choosing abortion should be forced to go through mandatory counseling.  As far as the "statistic" of "many" of them being too young to understand fully what they are doing, I mean when I was 13 years old, I fully understood everything I did and the consequences of it.  I spent time in jail and I knew before I did what I did that if I got caught, I could wind up in jail.  Granted I wasn't in jail long, but still.  Kids know more than what people give them credit for.  Besides, unless you have ever had an abortion before, does anyone of any age EVER have a full understanding of what they're doing and the consequences?
  10. How often is frequent?  I only knew one person who had an abortion that suffered some psychological trauma.  Even then, I can't tell if it was real or not because she's a total fucking drama queen attention whore (and had been her whole life).
Boom-shacka-lacka.

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 6:45pm

Abstinence for one, is a complete joke unless you're an 1800's puritan or fanatical religious nut.  Sex has been proven to be extremely healthy for you, much more so than masturbation.  Though I do agree, you should be responsible and use contraception, but again, contraception is NOT 100% effective.  Personally, I wouldn't even trust it if the woman had a hysterectomy and I had a vasectomy and we were having sex.  That's just me though and how much I REALLY don't want kids.

Boom-shacka-lacka.

About the above comment: I'm pretty sure you meant tubal ligation (cutting of the fallopian tubes) and not hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) 

Tubal ligations occasionally fail, but once the uterus is removed (hysterectomy) pregnancy is impossible. A uterus is necessary for pregnancy. The vagina is sewn up on top so there is nowhere for the semen to go but out the vagina, hence, NO PREGNANCY!

-------------

Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 7:43pm

Abstinence for one, is a complete joke unless you're an 1800's puritan or fanatical religious nut.  Sex has been proven to be extremely healthy for you, much more so than masturbation.  Though I do agree, you should be responsible and use contraception, but again, contraception is NOT 100% effective.  Personally, I wouldn't even trust it if the woman had a hysterectomy and I had a vasectomy and we were having sex.  That's just me though and how much I REALLY don't want kids.

Boom-shacka-lacka.

About the above comment: I'm pretty sure you meant tubal ligation (cutting of the fallopian tubes) and not hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) 

Tubal ligations occasionally fail, but once the uterus is removed (hysterectomy) pregnancy is impossible. A uterus is necessary for pregnancy. The vagina is sewn up on top so there is nowhere for the semen to go but out the vagina, hence, NO PREGNANCY!

No I know the difference, and I did mean hysterectomy.

I was trying to over-dramatize my point in how much I don't want kids.

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Posted By: tattooedtrish
Date Posted: August/10/2010 at 10:13pm

I think I'm going to have to use that one from now on...

-------------
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 12:32am

Boom-shacka-lacka.

No I know the difference, and I did mean hysterectomy.

I was trying to over-dramatize my point in how much I don't want kids.

made you look uneducated, IMO. I know you're educated, but some people might actually take what you said seriously.Crazy

Edited to add smiley

-------------

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 4:59am

I think I'm going to have to use that one from now on...

LOLsame. It's funny 'cause it's true. XD

-------------

Posted By: bondagekitten
Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 7:47am
I am pro choice, always have been since I was old enough to understand.

I'm in the UK where I can get free long term contraception through the NHS so after some trial and error I settled on the implant which is pretty effective but also use condoms if I'm on anti-biotics or other medicines that can interfere with the pill because I don't know how I would cope with an abortion and I'm almost certain I wouldn't be able to raise a kid well - my health is not great in terms of mental health in particular. I was raised in a house where bad mental health in my parents negatively affected my brother and I. I love my parents to bits but my mood swings and depression are more volatile than theirs are so I am wary of passing on bad genes.

I think there should be therapy alongside abortion because it is a serious thing to go through, even if it is just to push the point of being safe in the future because it shouldn't be used as a way out of being lazy and not being prepared. Obviously in cases of the mother or child health being at risk and rape then more therapy should be offered because an abortion in those circumstances is IMO a lot harder to deal with because the child would have been wanted or the mother has been through something horrible.

I would also like to see the length available pulled back because we see on the news the rare 23-24 week term babies surviving with lots of medical care, except in cases of risk of the mothers health.

That all said I really don't know if I could have one myself, I get really clucky at times and would love to be a mother one day but only if I could guarantee being a good one which I really don't think I could be at the moment, we couldn't afford to give it what it would need until we can get out of debt without even thinking about the time and affection a kid would need.    

-------------
"Take me as I am or not at all" - Ginger (from The Wildhearts)

Posted By: XrepresentX
Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 9:19am
i say

do what you want

-------------
http://tinypic.com">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Euphoric

Sorry that you had a terrible upbringing. I did too. But why dwell on the past and feel regret every day for something you can't change?

I also disagree with this statement. Adoption is absolutely a realistic option for many people. One bad story or a hundred can't make up for the thousands of children who found people to love them. In a realistic world, not everyone is happy, and not everyone will be happy. However, if you can TRY, that still makes you a good person. Just because things don't work out as planned doesn't mean you have to let it devastate you each and every day. Life is short, enjoy what you have.

-------------
Miss Cale

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Cale

Sorry that you had a terrible upbringing. I did too. But why dwell on the past and feel regret every day for something you can't change?

I also disagree with this statement. Adoption is absolutely a realistic option for many people. One bad story or a hundred can't make up for the thousands of children who found people to love them. In a realistic world, not everyone is happy, and not everyone will be happy. However, if you can TRY, that still makes you a good person. Just because things don't work out as planned doesn't mean you have to let it devastate you each and every day. Life is short, enjoy what you have.

It's more like 50% of the children that end up getting fucked by the whole adoption thing.

50/50 is not a good set of odds.

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Posted By: momma
Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 1:59pm

I would love to adopt a child. right now i am in the works to be a serogate mother for two wonderful men who would love to expand their family. they have been together for many years and have alot of love to share. at first i told them to adopt, there are kids that need a home. but they really wanted one of their own. then they are goin to adopt a child once this baby is 2 years old! i am so excited! as far as my plans. have their baby, get my tubes tied, further my career, then adopt when i have finally found the one!

Posted By: momma
Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 2:00pm
oh and i had the option to abort, but damn have you seen my two amazingly gorgeous girls! way to go to all the young mothers who step up to the plate!!!!
i am so happy with my decisions! although i really never thought to much about abortion, it was brought up by friends and family..........shame on them!

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 5:06pm

It's more like 50% of the children that end up getting fucked by the whole adoption thing.

200,000 children are adopted every year in the United States alone. I don't think those are bad stats. People ARE trying to help when it comes to giving a child a home. I don't think it should be shunned upon just because a few people have a shitty experience with it. MANY children have it way worse (like the 4 million that starve to death every year) than living in a foster home or having one of their adopted parents die and they have to go live with their adopted grandparents. I don't think it's fair to blame the adoption system, when we as humans keep pumping children through it.

-------------
Miss Cale

Posted By: FLPierce
Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 5:29pm
If you don't want one don't have one and don't worry about what choice a stranger makes.

Posted By: belle
Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 5:30pm

thank you cheese. im adpoted, and really was trying to advoid this whole
 pissing in the wind arguement.Hug

-------------
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by belle

thank you cheese. im adpoted, and really was trying to advoid this whole
 pissing in the wind arguement.Hug

lol that's cale. but i kept thinking it was cheese too DX

-------------

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 8:37pm
LOL, it's because he's in my picture. :P

-------------
Miss Cale

Posted By: freckled20
Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 8:39pm
I will admit that I have fallen victim to thinking Cale was Cheese on more than one occasion lol

-------------
Don't judge me monkey...

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 8:41pm
Cheese is my alter ego. :D

-------------
Miss Cale

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 9:01pm
bloody hell..how embrassing. sorry cale. ...........thankies to you then Hug

-------------
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 9:18pm
Hehehe no worries. :P

-------------
Miss Cale

Date Posted: August/11/2010 at 11:53pm

Cale, I love you! But really, your words are uneeded. It doesn't hold me back; I am a senior in college, I live on my own, I support myself, and I have an overall good life. I never said what happend made me unhappy as a person, and I am not sure how it devestates me everyday :)

I am also not saying every child who is adopted lives a bad life.

But I will very outspokenly say it still IS NOT an option..because most children end up in homes. Only the cute 6 months and under babies get adopted. (and mostly white...)

Most adoptions come from out of the country because it is actually cheaper..so the percentage of orphans in the US rises. I forgot the number, but the last support meeting I went to had a staggering statistic that if you give a healthy black child up for adoption under the age of four the chances of them being adopted are so slim it is unbelievable.

To tell a mother "You child will get adopted" is not a realistic image..as most don't.

Now..I am not saying adoption should not exsist! They most defiantly need to! I am just saying that when it comes to the option of sending an unwanted baby (Esp if they come from a "bad" background) into foster care and the chances of the child finding a permenent home is very slim.

:)

-------------
If I got a dollar for every time I repented the sin then committed the same crime, I'd be standing on top of the world today...

Date Posted: August/12/2010 at 12:03am

200,000 children are adopted every year in the United States alone. I don't think those are bad stats. People ARE trying to help when it comes to giving a child a home. I don't think it should be shunned upon just because a few people have a shitty experience with it. MANY children have it way worse (like the 4 million that starve to death every year) than living in a foster home or having one of their adopted parents die and they have to go live with their adopted grandparents. I don't think it's fair to blame the adoption system, when we as humans keep pumping children through it.

No offense, but obviously you never have lived in a foster home. Not all are bad..there are the people out there with true hearts..but sorry..I am going to have to take the "I know because I did it" route with you. I am not saying abortion should take over the adoption system, I am saying that things need to be fixed. Most children DO starve in foster homes and group homes and the like..desiese (Hep C...ect)

-------------

Posted By: Dudders
Date Posted: August/12/2010 at 12:05am
Pro choice.

-------------
Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto =]

Date Posted: August/12/2010 at 12:11am

Cale, I love you! But really, your words are uneeded. It doesn't hold me back; I am a senior in college, I live on my own, I support myself, and I have an overall good life. I never said what happend made me unhappy as a person, and I am not sure how it devestates me everyday :)

I am also not saying every child who is adopted lives a bad life.

But I will very outspokenly say it still IS NOT an option..because most children end up in homes. Only the cute 6 months and under babies get adopted. (and mostly white...)

Most adoptions come from out of the country because it is actually cheaper..so the percentage of orphans in the US rises. I forgot the number, but the last support meeting I went to had a staggering statistic that if you give a healthy black child up for adoption under the age of four the chances of them being adopted are so slim it is unbelievable.

To tell a mother "You child will get adopted" is not a realistic image..as most don't.

Now..I am not saying adoption should not exsist! They most defiantly need to! I am just saying that when it comes to the option of sending an unwanted baby (Esp if they come from a "bad" background) into foster care and the chances of the child finding a permenent home is very slim.

:)

"Almost 70 percent of the children waiting to be adopted had been in continuous foster care for two years or more; twenty-five percent for five years or more."

"Even with the recent increases in adoptions from foster care, the number of children waiting for adoption on September 30, 1999 was more than two-and-a-half times the number of children adopted during that year (127,000 waiting VS 46,000 adopted)."

http://www.adoptioninstitute.org/FactOverview/foster.html - Source

Then there is this:  http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/stats_research/afcars/trends.htm - http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/stats_research/afcars/trends.htm

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Date Posted: August/12/2010 at 12:20am

No offense, but obviously you never have lived in a foster home. Not all are bad..there are the people out there with true hearts..but sorry..I am going to have to take the "I know because I did it" route with you. I am not saying abortion should take over the adoption system, I am saying that things need to be fixed. Most children DO starve in foster homes and group homes and the like..desiese (Hep C...ect)

I only know what group homes are like, so I was trying to give a modest estimate of who gets fucked, because the group homes I dealt with were much worse.  It was just for un-adopted kids, the mentally ill and the mentally retarded (who didn't come from foster homes or orphanages, but rather hospitals and families).  The amount of disease that ran through there would make even somebody who was immortal cringe.  All kinds of diseases from STD's to hepatitis to e. coli infections...

-------------

Fuck you t('.'t)

Date Posted: August/12/2010 at 12:37am

wow, i know couples here in australia wait up to 8 years to be able to adopt...(if i recall correctly from a doco made about adoptions in oz), there are less than 70 babies put up for adoption (born in oz) each year, and about 400 (?) are adopted from other countries per year.

watching a doco following 6 couples trying to adopt (each state has its own laws and costs), the psychological and financial tests over the waiting periods were extremly in depth and harrowing- you don't have to go through any of these tests to give birth!

we also have a 'baby bonus' (about $5,200 per child paid out in fortnightly installments), that the governemnt gives out to women who give birth in australia (this is to encourage population growth of white australians since the gov. refuses to increase our immigration intake).
highlighted in the australian media is young teenage females getting themselves pregnant to get the bonus>.<

-------------

Date Posted: August/12/2010 at 12:41am
A program to encourage population growth in an already well over-populated world? It sort of makes me sick to my stomach. :D

-------------
Miss Cale

Date Posted: August/12/2010 at 12:58am

A program to encourage population growth in an already well over-populated world? It sort of makes me sick to my stomach. :D

aye, where china is culling them and has a one child policy, australia encourages every (white) australian female to breed.  i highly doubt anyone who has a baby to get $5000 has thought about what they're going to do long term with that kid!
single mothers also can recieve parenting payment, the amount of bludgers who have babies to get money is nauseating.
no money for the kids schooling, but plenty on booze and cigarettes.
(having said that, i highly doubt we would have eaten at all growing up if my mum's income wasn't supplemented by parenting payments)

-------------

Date Posted: August/12/2010 at 1:35am
That's pretty interesting, and crazy too. I think I'm going to read more about it. :D

-------------
Miss Cale

Posted By: onega
Date Posted: January/23/2011 at 7:09pm

Children shouldn't be a punishment, thank you! That is not fair to the child or the parents!
If the healthcare system would allow it, I'd get a hysterectomy, or my tubes tied.

+ fucking 1 !

Hmmm well, the other thread got me thinking and talking with my mum and stuff.. I'm definitely pro-choice and have always been, i think. Abortion is legal in France. But in the past 5-ish years there's been a huge change in the demographics.. A few numbers last year, there were over 237000 abortions performed, 15000 of which on minors. (BTW in France you can get an abortion or morning after pill for free and anonymouly but not the regular pill, it's stupid and outrageous). You'd think they'd invest more in preventative care, right ? Well they're trying to change that, trying.

Anyway, there's a trend of patients generally professional women 30+ who now use abortion as a contraception method ; not young girls as everyone thinks. It's outrageous that there are some women who come see their gynae more than once a year for it. There's no regulations, or ccompulsory counselling or anything and many of these women seem to have forgotten the idea that it's not just a pill/injection/tube but the end of a life and that it's a big deal in the end.

I agree more than anyone that a woman has the right to chose what she wants to do with her own body, but I think, in a way there's an abuse of a law here.

Heaven forbid I ever become pregnant (stupid NHS, couldn't you take my ovaries out at the same time as my 4 wisdom teeth ?) but if I did, I would be happy to have the choice because I wouldn't keep the child. I'm too scared and selfish and have too much to lose by having children, plus if i ever change my mnd, i could always adopt. And I just don't like kids that much.

I don't believe that couples, women or children should have to be punished for/suffer the taboos of our society and it's "governors".

-------------
If you hear an "ouch" in a room full of people you'll know it me.

> Queen of Clumsiness <

Posted By: Mizzbee666
Date Posted: January/24/2011 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by xjessiex

aye, where china is culling them and has a one child policy, australia encourages every (white) australian female to breed.  i highly doubt anyone who has a baby to get $5000 has thought about what they're going to do long term with that kid!single mothers also can recieve parenting payment, the amount of bludgers who have babies to get money is nauseating.no money for the kids schooling, but plenty on booze and cigarettes. (having said that, i highly doubt we would have eaten at all growing up if my mum's income wasn't supplemented by parenting payments)

It's the same in England (regarding payments for the walking wombs).
I know women in their early 20's with 3, 4 or 5 kids and they're all neglected, unwashed, dirty clothes, no foot wear. Etc But the mothers have EVERYTHING that THEY need, they get pissed virtually every night, smoke like chimneys, earn more money a month than I DO (when I'm working 40+ hours a week - EVERY week) and proceed to gloat about their "lifestyle".
Reporting them comes to nothing (child services are absolutely useless) so this shit carries on.
And the government support them. YES they SUPPORT THEM.

This makes me sick and soooooooooo angry.

-------------
Fly like a bird, run like a mouse, be THAT small bookcase.

Posted By: Mizzbee666
Date Posted: January/24/2011 at 6:01pm

Children shouldn't be a punishment, thank you! That is not fair to the child or the parents!If the healthcare system would allow it, I'd get a hysterectomy, or my tubes tied.

A girl I know had a hysterectomy after having her third child (at 21) through C-Section, because apparently you can't have a fourth C and she is "terrified" of pain. (?????????)

I don't know if she's also "terrified" of condoms or popping a pill into her mouth.

-------------
Fly like a bird, run like a mouse, be THAT small bookcase.

Date Posted: January/24/2011 at 6:31pm
tis sad really isnt it...i have a friends daughter, just come home preggy. she has no edcuation, as the last 3yrs shes bummed around at school. dont get me wrong shes a lovely kid, but i cant help but think...theres where my hard earned taxes are going to pay for her lifestyle choices.  differant if you were in a relationship and for various reasons you find yourself single and have to get help from the government...but for that to be your ONLY option is sucky .

-------------

Posted By: FLPierce
Date Posted: January/24/2011 at 7:06pm
People should worry about themselves and mind their own business. If you don't want one don't have one, and don't try to stop anyone else from getting one.

Posted By: randy flagg
Date Posted: January/24/2011 at 7:34pm
Pro choice.

Parents are idiots and the cause of today's problems in the world.

They should take mandatory parenting classes before given a license that says they are fit to raise a life.

I am 35 and have no children.

-------------
Violence with grace...

Posted By: GracefulDancing
Date Posted: January/24/2011 at 11:06pm
Pro choice. I don't think I could ever have an abortion myself but I'm not going to invade other women's right to.

Date Posted: January/25/2011 at 5:45pm

Talking as the product of teenage pregnancy:

your view only tends to punish the child rather than the adult, by not allowing someone to abort an unwanted child you're forcing 3 people, or at least 2 people into a life that they're not going to want.

Being bought up by teenagers is not a pleasent experiance and niether is being blamed by your parents for ruining their lives, regardless of it it was the childs fault. A Child should not be used as a punishment because that will just lead to neglect and emotional damage.

EDIT:

Only just realised how old this thread was.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: gammaray
Date Posted: January/27/2011 at 3:09pm
I'm pro-choice. I feel like it's such a personal decision that no one but the specific parties involved should have a say.
I, personally, don't think I could ever get an abortion. It has nothing to do with morals, but after my miscarriage I just don't think I could go through with it.

Posted By: Lois
Date Posted: February/06/2011 at 9:31pm
Smoking
kind of an old thread but, I just like stating the fact that I'm pro-choice.

Posted By: happydepression
Date Posted: February/07/2011 at 12:22am
Looks like I'm like a lot of the other girls on here, I'm all for pro-choice. But myself personally, I couldn't. I believe that if your going to have sex, there are consequences, I couldn't ever do that to something that I created and I would do anything to make my child's life the best.

-------------
[[monstrosity]]

Date Posted: February/07/2011 at 12:52am
I'm only 19 and I've already met guys who tried to pressure me into having children. They've no idea what they'd be getting themselves into

Posted By: Lois
Date Posted: February/07/2011 at 12:57am
Originally posted by twisted666

I'm only 19 and I've already met guys who tried to pressure me into having children. They've no idea what they'd be getting themselves into

Same except I'm 18.
Its like this creepy trap where if the relationship doesn't work let's force a baby into it. o.o
For personal reasons I don't think I could have one.

Date Posted: February/07/2011 at 1:24am
I got pregnant from my first time (derrrr) and even after I explain this, and the fact I had to get an abortion due to the father being a maniacal Christian who tried to kill me when I brout up the topic of abortion, and wanted me to move in with his family, they still think I should have a child with them. Pack of Dickheads lol

Date Posted: February/07/2011 at 5:06am
controlling male's thought proccesses:

Find girl > Get into relationship with girl through any means > Create situation where girl has to be dependant on him > stop trying so hard to make girl dependant > girl starts to show signs of wanting to leave > hatch plot to make her fall pregnant and force her to stay with you.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: bushi231
Date Posted: February/07/2011 at 7:38am
Religion aside, I consider myself personally pro-life. I really don't think I could bring myself to choose abortion as an option in my relationship. As someone said earlier in the thread, most things in life come with a price, if not everything in life.

I do, however, realize there are circumstances in which an abortion might be necessary. I also believe that abortion is a topic on which you couldn't position yourself until you are actually living in that moment. It seems like people's morality/ideologies change greatly when they are smack in the middle of the action.

-------------
I'm ill, ahh.

Posted By: RowanDavid
Date Posted: March/13/2011 at 11:18am
Definitely Pro Choice right here!

Posted By: Northern
Date Posted: March/17/2011 at 9:16pm
Well...
Pro Choice and I dont think adoption is an option for the majority of women. In fact it is not an option in my country, most of the world I think as well.

Posted By: LucieMay
Date Posted: March/20/2011 at 12:40pm
I probably have a completely hypocritical opinion on abortions. I think they are quite simply killing a living being and whatever the circumstances of the conception, each being has an equal right to life.

HOWEVER, although I'd like to see the UK limit lowered a bit and have abortions be harder to get (they are basically available on demand), I don't believe abortion should be illegal. The reason abortion was legalised in the UK was to save women's lives who sought illegal abortions and died in back street clinics, or  attempted DIY abortions and badly injured themselves.

The fact remains that whatever you think of abortions, you cannot force a womant to continue with a pregnancy she really does not want to. There will always be desperate women who will seek abortion, whether it is illegal or not. I've known girls who've had abortion and felt huge sympathy for their plight, despite me not approving of abortion. As i said, I'm a hypocrite!

-------------
Caustic blonde.

Posted By: jrdnhannah
Date Posted: March/20/2011 at 1:19pm
Pro Choice, but I see it as primarily the girls choice, if it happened and she wanted to keep the pregnancy I would support that 100% (Unless it wasn't mine, and it happened while I was with her, in which case goodbye, I'm not staying with a cheater and I'm not supporting a child that isn't mine (unless I knew about that before the relationship))

Print Page | Close Window