Print Page | Close Window

Arg! Microdermal issues..help?

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: Body Mods
Forum Name: Piercings
Forum Discription: Stories, studio suggestions, questions, etc.
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19356
Printed Date: August/09/2020 at 4:35pm

Topic: Arg! Microdermal issues..help?
Posted By: MsAnn
Subject: Arg! Microdermal issues..help?
Date Posted: October/06/2010 at 12:48pm
Alright, I got my microdermals done about three weeks ago. Theyre located on my hips and Ive been really good about taking care of them. Unfortunately the lower left one keeps trying to go under, so I took the band-aid off for a bit to keep it from doing that. The piercer who did it told me to keep my band-aids on (i dont think he fully understood my issue, im horrible with words), so I did. When I took the band-aid off to replace it, the microdermal was halfway under. Do I keep the band-aid on or off? How do I keep it from going under?

It looks way too irritated. Im a little worried about...

Replies:
Posted By: samantha_sick
Date Posted: October/06/2010 at 1:19pm
How small is the jewelry/end?

-------------
Currently have 27 piercings
Have been pierced 63 times total (14 temporary)
2 4g cartilage punches
78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos
2 brandings
1 cutting
Magnetic Implant (removed & replaced!)

Posted By: randy flagg
Date Posted: October/06/2010 at 1:41pm
I always recommend ice. It does wonders on inflamed piercings. If it is sinking under your skin then you should go see your piercer today.
Since you are "horrible with words" do not let that prevent you from getting proper after care advice from your piercer.

We cannot see the piercing over the phone.

Has anyone ever used a piece of plastic under their dermal cap to keep it flush?
It worked on my chest anchors 2 years ago.

-------------
Violence with grace...

Posted By: Pozzy
Date Posted: October/06/2010 at 2:27pm
Hmmz My two cents worth (Pence if your from the UK) I suggest you leave the band aid (Plaster) on for no more than two days, remove and replace with clean one, for at least a week, avoid getting wet, then after a week use saline to clean the crusty's away with a cue tip very carefully, do this at least 2x a day for at least two weeks, if the Micro Dermal Anchor post and attachment is receding or embedding into the skin, this may be due to infection and swelling, caused by no air getting to the wound, if after seeing your Piercer the swelling gets worse, seek medical advice and ask for antibiotics, to clear the infection, make sure you use a breathable band aid.

Hope this info is of some help.

Poz

Post pictures of the troubled piercing so we can offer more advice if needed.

Posted By: MsAnn
Date Posted: October/06/2010 at 5:52pm

Unfortunately I'm sitting in english class right now. Haha. As soon as I'm able to get a good picture of it, I will post it.

The ice suggestion sounds like a good idea. The plastic doesn't sound too bad either, but my piercer told me they looked like all four still needed pressure, so I was mainly focusing on keeping the pressure so they would anchor.

I will post a picture ASAP so you guys know exactly what I'm dealing with.

Posted By: Cale
Date Posted: October/07/2010 at 5:46pm
You should stop wearing the band aids. After three weeks there is no more need to wear one. It is applying unnecessary pressure and disrupting the placement which can cause sinking and rejection. If the piercer is telling you that they "still need pressure" after three weeks, they may have not placed them at a proper depth to begin with. Sometimes migration happens, but forcing it back down with a band aid will not always solve your problems. I think you should see another piercer for a second opinion, and you should go sooner than later if the jewelry has sunk into your skin like you've stated here.

-------------
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
http://www.facebook.com/piercingbymisscale - facebook.

Posted By: mspiggy
Date Posted: October/07/2010 at 7:29pm
Any pictures?

-------------
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean

Print Page | Close Window