Print Page | Close Window

~Tongue Splitting~ *Tie Off Method Journal*

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: BodyMod Experiences
Forum Name: Hardcore Experiences
Forum Discription: Want to tell us a story about your hardcore experience?
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20852
Printed Date: September/25/2020 at 8:43am

Topic: ~Tongue Splitting~ *Tie Off Method Journal*
Posted By: breebee
Subject: ~Tongue Splitting~ *Tie Off Method Journal*
Date Posted: September/14/2011 at 9:30pm
Hi everyone i'm Bree! Long time lurker, first time poster lol. So, after about a year or so of careful thought and research, i've finally decided to split my tongue. I'd honestly really like to do it professionally, but every place i've called has been a no and no shop around here do it. I've thought a lot about doing this method and i figure it's best for me at this point and time, especially because i don't want to have to wait forever. i know this method is wayyyyy painful and can takes weeks, but i'm ready for it and i'm pretty sure when it's almost done i'm going to just cut what's left anyways. i tried just cutting it myself, but i can't stand how flesh spreads when cut with a scaple! simply gross, so no i won't me sawing my own tongue meat lol.

Anyways today is day 2 and it's not bad so far. my tongue just has sort of a dull ache and when i talk and eat i can sometimes feel it cutting into my tongue and it sorta stings. i've also started talk with a lisp and my mouth is constantly filled with saliva. i've eaten pretty normal it's just a pain in the ass to chew! so, i have to take small bites and stick it in the side of my mouth because the tip of my tongue cant push it back too well. i've taken ibuprofen twice today, not because of the pain but to help with swelling. after i eat i brush my teeth and tongue and then gargle with warm see salt water. and so far, so good but we shall see what happens in the days to come.
*edit* i'm using mono-filament fishing line and starting with a healed 8g piercing. DO NOT buy .5mm that's way to big, just use the smallest one, like the 6lb one. i read hear about someone using dental floss but it kept coming untied.
so, its been about 24h, but i don't feel like changing the bonding yet, but i put up some pics of what it looks like now and i'll post more when i take it off.

**The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. I provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide.

Replies:
Posted By: ihaveonlyme
Date Posted: September/14/2011 at 9:59pm
I know you're set on doing this but I recommend waiting until you can get a professional to do it. That may mean traveling to a professional. I thought about splitting my tongue for over 2 years before getting it done. It's worth it to wait in my opinion. Plus, you don't want to be taking Ibuprofen every day for an unknown amount of time. Ibuprofen is bad for your liver if you take it on a daily basis for an extended period of time, which sounds like you would end up doing just to keep the swelling down.

-------------
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.

Date Posted: September/14/2011 at 10:35pm
i know what you mean and i really appreciate your concern, but i really don't want to wait. and idk how to find anyone. also,i don't take ibprofen every hour. i'm not taking anymore to today and if i comes down to it i will just suck on ice all day if i have to.

Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 11:52am
so last night i rebound and it did kinda hurt. i didn't take any meds though, i just used some orajel. i was able to sleep perfectly fine for about 5h but woke up and it was throbbing, so i went and got some ice and let it get numb. in about 30-45min i was able to fall back a sleep for 4 more hours (also applied more orajel). when i woke up it didn't hurt as bad, but it's really hard to talk. i would describe the pain as the constant stinging of a paper cut on my tongue. i'll most more pics tonight! and the reason i didn't post any more yesterday was because it didn't look like much. it is starting to split from the back though, there was a little red line back there.

Posted By: bodymod05
Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 1:56pm
I was in the same boat as you for a while as for wanting mine done and having noone close to do it.  However I feel that you are going about it the wrong way.  I actually flew out to Arizona to have Steve Haworth do it.  Believe me it is worth whatever travel you have to do to get it done properly.  If you let me know where you are located I might be able to help find someone close who can do it

-------------
Evil Dave Has Spoken!!!

Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 3:28pm
i live in California and will pretty much travel anywhere here, Arizona, or Oregon. if anyone can give me any information for those places that'd be awesome. i will have to wait though because i'm in South Carolina atm.

Posted By: WickedBody
Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 3:49pm
California should be loaded with places.. I would imagine at least. And Portland would definitely have some where! 

Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 4:08pm
Just realized how far OR is from me. i suppose if i came down to it i could go. my mom would certainly be a little happier that i wasn't doing it myself(she's not to keen on the idea anyways lol). i suppose i'll start looking in CA but how do i find places, because isn't it illegal?

Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 4:17pm
What part of CA are you in? Portland is pretty far, even if you're in Northern California. 

Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 4:20pm
Central Valley and i can travel, but the closer the better (;

oh, and around how much does it cost i heard answers in every range. price isn't really an option i suppose and i always have a little bit set aside for mods and such.

Posted By: MrJonz
Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 4:27pm
Come to Davis, CA before the 5th of October and I'll do it for you.

-------------
Body Mods by Jonz

Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by breebee

Central Valley and i can travel, but the closer the better (;

oh, and around how much does it cost i heard answers in every range. price isn't really an option i suppose and i always have a little bit set aside for mods and such.

Not sure. I'd PM Jon and ask him what he's looking for, and the details. Good luck!

Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 4:39pm
i did :)

Posted By: janinalovelee
Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 6:13pm
HI ! so I called a few places in Hollywood and they all said no they don't do it because its not legal thats why you are having a hard time finding a place ... but I got a hold of one guy that told me If you want to get is done then you have to pretty much just walk in and talk to them about it because its not something they can just talk about over the phone .. here is the place i called
http://www.bodyelectrictattoo.com/shop/

I have never had anything done by them but i have been here be for and they are very professional..

Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 6:25pm
Nice work, Janina :) 

Posted By: Clush
Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 8:00pm
There are quite a few shops in SF that will do it as well.

-------------
"I love hairless cats too, if you know what I mean *wink*."

Print Page | Close Window